TNG Community
Krisamd

template Parse error: syntax error

Krisamd

I am trying to upgrade from 10.1.1 to 12.3

The upgraded local host is functioning ok

When I have loaded to my site namkudumbam.net I get error on my templateconfig.php

The templateconfig.php is identical to TNG 10.1.1 and TNG12.3

I get this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '/' in /home/namkudum/public_html/templateconfig.php on line 24”

Line 24 both in TNG10.1.1 and 12.3 is same without any change.

"<p>We all had a wonderful family reunion in Chennai in July 2014. It was indeed a big occasion for all of us to recap our family all the way from 1890s to the present. I was overwhelmed for the love and affection from all family members and friends. It was also an occasion to reconnect with all our members and extended families on a permanent footing. Towards this goal, this private Family Web Site <b><span style='color:green;'><u>\"\"www.namkudumbam.net\""</b></span></u> is established generally on Genealogy roots and trees. I need cooperation from all our family members to connect to this web and keep it on sustainable basis.</b></span><p>"

While TNG10.1.1 set in 2015 functioning without any issue till date, this para become a problem in Simply Hosting  for TNG12.3 and unable to solve the problem.

At the same time there is no problem in local host set for TNG 12.3

Kris

XerxX

Hi Kris,

I'm not sure but the non-symmetry of slashes and double-quotes here make me confused:

1 hour ago, Krisamd said:

<u>\"\"www.namkudumbam.net\""</b>

I'd check that if I had a problem there...

HTH

Erik

Ken Roy
2 hours ago, Krisamd said:

The templateconfig.php is identical to TNG 10.1.1 and TNG12.3

I get this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '/' in /home/namkudum/public_html/templateconfig.php on line 24”

Line 24 both in TNG10.1.1 and 12.3 is same without any change.

Kris,

The templateconfig.php file is obsolete in TNG 12.3 after you have run the database update step when upgrading.  The Template Settings are now in the tng_templates table, so unless you did not run the database update on your hosting site and did not get all the correct TNG scripts to your site, you should not be getting a syntax error in that file, except potentially during the database update step that converts the templateconfig.php file to database table entries.

Krisamd

Thanks

I understand while upgrading to 12.3, the templateconfig.php got converted to template file in database.

If I prepare new home page, how to I delete the old table and create a new table in database.

Do I need to edit the template/index.php ?

Thanks

Kris

Ken Roy

If your new home page is working correctly on your local computer, the easiest solution would be to backup your database on your local computer using Admin > Utilities and then FTP the bak files from your backup folder as defined in TNG Admin > Setup > General Settings to your host and restore them there.  You might also want to rename your existing backups folder on the host and create a new one using the Make Folder button in the General Settings  Paths and Folders section.

Krisamd

Thanks

I am thinking on the same lines

Kris

Krisamd

All the SQL Tables get updated based on the date updated in TNG.

But how do I update the home page if the templateconfig.php is no longer active?

Kris

I also wonder if there is any mode for drop down date function instead of our entering the date function manually.

Ken Roy

Kris,

The Home page is updated using the Admin > Setup > Template Settings dialog.  You could also install Bill Herndon's Template Manager mod which will allow you to Save the entries from the database on one site to a _templateconfig.php file that you can then use to reload the changes to a different site, localhost to production for example.  You would of course need to update the Setup > Template Settings in one location to be able to Save, FTP the _templateconfig.php from the templates\templateN folder to your other site before you can Load it in the other site.

Note that the _templateconfig.php file is save in the specific templateN folder and that the entries are slightly different that what TNG used (I think the t is missing in the variable)

Once you have the Template Manager on both sites, it might be possible to take your old TNG templateconfig.php file and rename it to _templateconfig.php and put it in the appropriate templates/template folder.  You would have to edit it to match the mod variable requirements.  Note that I have not attempted this last approach but have used the first approach.

Krisamd

This is final issue regarding upgrading from 10.1.1 to 12.3

The media linkage at my site namkudumbam.net (10.1.1) is working without any issue.

At my local host tng12.3 the media linkage is not working:

image.png

example

-----------------------------------------------------

FEATURES

Click the Features you want to access. The link will open in a new window.

·                  ARS 80th Birtday

·                  S Madhavan 60th BD

Response from site:

http://localhost/tng/thispagedoesnotexist.html

Not Found

The requested URL /tng/thispagedoesnotexist.html was not found on this server.

Apache/2.4.9 (Win64) PHP/5.5.12 Server at localhost Port 80

------------------------------------------------------------------

I have verified the linkages from all these areas and found no error

mysql>database

tng_media, tng_medialinkages, and tng_templates

local server

administration>Setup >> Configuration >> Template Settings

and

http://localhost/tng/browsemedia.php?mediasearch=&tnggallery=&mediatypeID=photos&offset=100&tree=&test_type=&test_group=&tngpage=3

What am I missing

Thanks

Kris