TNG Community

How to place icon menu inside top menu

D.M. de Calonne

D.M. de Calonne

I'm using TNG 12.3 with Wordpress 5.4.2 (Kloosterman method) and WP template twenty ten on my website.

As you can see in the screenshot and on the live website (here for example), my icon menu appears outside of my top menu.

Does anyone have an idea how to place the icon menu inside the top menu? There's a perfect spot right above the spot where the icons now appear, as you can see.

Thanks in advance!

2020-07-15.png

Normally the Find, Media and Info menus are on the right side...

Go to TNG Admin ------> Setup ------> General Settings ------> Site Design and Definition and change the entry for "Menu Location" to "Top right, next to heading" and Save the changes

Does that fix it?

Roger

D.M. de Calonne

Thanks Roger. It partially fixed it. Now almost everything is in line, except for the 'sharing' icon, as you can see.

I've already tried turning the sharing icon off and on again in the settings.

On 7/15/2020 at 11:13 AM, D.M. de Calonne said:

Thanks Roger. It partially fixed it. Now almost everything is in line, except for the 'sharing' icon, as you can see.

The sharing icon is always below the menu line - you'd need to change the core TNG code to put it somewhere else.

It also shares that same line with some other links too that perhaps you have disabled

image.png

Roger

• 2 months later...

Roger is right.  Menu items with attached icons are added in TNG code internally to "left" and "right" lists.  These lists are then used to generate the horizontal menus on the left and right side.  I did this for my templates NearDark and NearDawn, suppressing all the right-side icons and menu items and adding them to the left-side.  It's a complicated way of handling the menus, and I had to create a Mod to support the changes for my templates.  You can see an example of how it looks on Lindell-Herndon Genealogy.

On 7/15/2020 at 11:13 AM, D.M. de Calonne said: