TNG Community

How to Re-install TNG in GoDaddy (cPanel)?

billvv

Some malware wiped out all of my files in GoDaddy, but the database was retained. I want to set TNG up again, but can't find any instructions for TNG installation. I'm pretty sure I can figure out how to point TNG to the database once it's  up and running, but I just need some info on how to reinstall TNG from the V10.3 upgrade zip file. I can unzip and move the files and folders to my GoDaddy site using filezilla, presumably under the site root (public_html), but then what should I do?

Is there an installer that I need to run?

Does the upgrade package include all of the files and software for a full site, or just the files that were upgraded?

to what TNG version did you upgrade?  Do you still have the zip file?

The upgrade package only includes the files that were changed.  Whenever you download an upgrade zip file, you should also download the full install as a backup for your TNG files.

Need to know what TNG version you running.  Some of the upgrades contain database updates.

Thanks for the response.. I'm running version 10.3...   Since I posted, I went thru my emails and discovered the link to the upgrade. That link had an option to download the full version which I have done, and have found the install instructions there as well. I am now connected to my site via Filezilla and can move the full version to a directory. 

Now I just need to figure out how to connect the old database, but there are instructions for that on the link as well.

Finding that info in an old upgrade link just didn't seem logical, but there it was!  My searches for the info didn't produce any info that suggested that it might be contained in an a link in an old email.

Thanks for your help!

You can extract the full install.  Use the readme.html to install TNG.  Hopefully you remember your Username and Password to connect to your database.

When you get to the point it want to connect to the database and create the table, specify your existing database and verify that it connects.  You should then exist the full install readme.

OK... I'm at the step where I want to connect the new TNG installation to my existing database. The install instructions have a place for the database username, password, and database name. If I enter that information, will TNG wipe out everything that is there and give me a new, blank database or will it just use the database that it finds in that location (which is what I'm trying to do)?

Enter the correct information and verify the connection.  Then scroll down to the bottom of the readme screen and click the link to go to Admin.

TNG at this point has only been updating the config.php   You do not want to create the tables or anything else.

At the point you click go to Admin, you may have to login.

Can't connect to the database...    I am getting a window from ??? (below) and when I hit 'OK', the installation screen says in blue.. " Please wait, attempting to process"

Capture1.JPG

You may need to check whether you can down grade PHP to 5.6.n.  TNG 10 does not support PHP 7

If that is not possible, you will need to upgrade to TNG 12 and then come back for help on how to get your TNG 10 database upgraded to TNG 12.3 specifications

Glad you are up and running, however

6 hours ago, billvv said:

Some malware wiped out all of my files in GoDaddy, but the database was retained.

How do you know some malware cause the problem and not GoDaddy upgrading your site to PHP 7?

Because when I went to find the web page, it was gone. Called GoDaddy and they said the files had disappeared due to malware. I went in with CPanel and yes, they were gone. Fortunately, they didn't destroy the database.

Glad you were able to recover your site.  You may need to plan on upgrading to the current TNG version since PHP 5.6.n is no longer supported and GoDaddy might decide to pull it.