TNG Community

(Solved!) Where are the Share (FB, Twitter...) icons?

XerxX

Hi all,

For some reason, my localhost shows the share icons (FB, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+) when Share is clicked,

shareicons.png

but the same live site ( botebygden.se ) doesn't. The Share ("Dela" in Swedish) moves a bit but no icons are appearing. You can try it...

I use the same copies of topmenu.php, index.php and footer.php at both places.

So I thought the images were not uploaded to the server but I can't find any of them anywhere at my localhost either.

What am I missing? (Or have I lost it completely ;-) )

TIA, Erik

So I've found them. They are stored online.

Okay. But there is still the question: Why don't the icons display at my live site?
Ideas, anyone?

(The icon URL isn't in the  HTML source but generated at click on "Share" by JQuery and only visible if you right-click on the (FB)icon and then "Inspect element".)

Erik

Erik,

What do you have in Admin > Setup > General Settings in the Site Design section for Show Share Link:

I believe the TNG default is NO

This is why I created mod cfg files years ago for the TNG configuration defaults that I change.

Thanks Ken. It's set to "Yes". The "Share" text and small icon are visible and moves on click. But no fancy icons show up :-(

Try it: The "botebygden" link below.

/Erik

12 minutes ago, XerxX said:

Try it: The "botebygden" link below.

Eric

icons show for me on your site, after Share is clicked.

Erik,

Is that a template you developed?  I do not use any of the Social Media sharing so I do not know whether there is something in the template files to make that happen or only in genlib.php.

Ah heck, I did not recognize the share icon, since I am not an icon type person. So as Brett indicated the show...:)

Ken, the template is a modified template #15. The icons show up on my localhost and I have copied the "live" topmenu, index and footer scripts to localhost.

And Brett sees the icons... I don't. See my latest screenshot above. Huh??? The first screenshot is from localhost, after I copied the "live" scripts.

I'm flabbergasted, to say the least.

/Erik

AHA! I see them i Chrome but not in Firefox (my default). And in Safari.

Solved.

Thanks for all your responses! Amazing.

/Erik

PS. I'll tell Darrin today. No matter if I or you want ti or not, it shouldn't behave different in different browsers... I think.

1 minute ago, XerxX said:

AHA! I see them i Chrome but not in Firefox (my default).

My default as well Erik. So very strange.

Hi Erik,

FWIW, as to different browsers, the icons appear for me in Chrome, Edge, and Firefox.  So....maybe a version of FF?

image.png

In Firefox..? More madness 😄  My version is 77.0.1 (64-bitars). Latest Mac version for my old Mac OS High Sierra - 10.13.6

Do you run Win or Mac tngrlkrz?

Hi Erik (this is Ron, guess name  and software in signature not evident.😉

FF running on Window PC May 2020 '2004' release.  image.png

So likely a nuance of Mac version of FF.

Ron

Sorry Ron, and I know your name, also... Saw white under the image and didn't look further down.

Too many messages an like 32 deg C here now. It's too much for an old man. I'll take a ride in my car, I think. AC on full fan.

Erik

Hi Carltonb, I have an adblocker in FF. But I use the same browser and the same topmenu, index and footer scripts live and in localhost. I even copied them from the live site to localhost in an attempt to find the error. The icons appear at localhost but not live. In my FF. I've got it confirmed that another Mac OS and (another?) FF works.

:-(I've removed the Share completely.

/Erik