TNG Community

TNG and Wordpress

thomsi

I already have my TNG site up and running. It's a project in progress ( https://thethomasshephardfamilytree.co.uk/ ) . What I want to do is incorporate it with WordPress. I was wondering if anybody has done a video tutorial on this or know of any that are available. I have searched Youtube and the internet but cannot find any.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Thomsi

If you have TNG in the root of your website and you probably have,  then you can just setup WP in the root also and follow my instructions.

Thanks for the reply, I am really a noob to website building. I have created a menu with one of them being a search menu with drop down links. I have created a surname name link, with a link to the TNG page but it keeps loading the home page.

Edit: Managed to get the links to go to correct page but it's not showing the menu bar.

On 6/28/2020 at 1:00 AM, thomsi said:

How would I create a page like say search surnames and then link it to the correct page within TNG?

Hi. I don't know if you solved the problem. If not, you can just add a search form in a page like this:

<form action="/genealogy/search.php" method="post" >
<table class="menuback">
<tr><td><span class="normal">Last Name:<br /><input type="text" name="mylastname" class="searchbox" size="24" /></span></td></tr>
<tr><td><span class="normal">First Name:<br /><input type="text" name="myfirstname" class="searchbox" size="24" /></span></td></tr>
<tr><td><input type="hidden" name="mybool" value="AND" /><input type="submit" name="search" value="Search Names" class="small" /></td></tr>
</table>
</form>   

On 6/28/2020 at 5:23 PM, thomsi said:

I have created a surname name link, with a link to the TNG page but it keeps loading the home page. 

If you create a new custom link in your menu, just add url: /genealogy/surnames.php and then text Surnames.

image.png