TNG Community

Open Street Map mod . . .

SiEiNo

Open Street Map mod, not install is the error message (after a time working quite well)?

What ??

ENo

No one will be able to help you without a bit more information.  Need TNG version, Open Street mod version, expanded mod manager section for the 'not install' mod so specific error identified.   Suddenly stopped working without any changes or installs / uninstalls of other mods?  Details needed.

ENo,

If the Mod Manager shows a Not Installed status, what changes did you make recently?

TNG 12.3

OSM 12.3.0.6a

My mod 'Show siblings' repeated the siblinglist three times in every family, and after the search for the error causing that I became aware of the OSM not installing. I don't know doing anything having effect on OSM. I had a look on the file 'getperson.php', but didn't change any parts.
I attach some pictures from Mod Manager:

ENoSkjermbilde (5).jpgSkjermbilde (4).jpg

Skjermbilde (6).jpg

Skjermbilde (7).jpg

Skjermbilde (8).jpg

Michel KIRSCH

It's clear : the file heatmap_OSM.php is not in the directory openstreetmap.6 ...

For the rest : the siblingslist repeated 3 times = 2 bad uninstall of the mod.

Uninstall the mod, look where it must install, edit the files, search to find traces of the mod and delete them

Then reinstall the mod.

Michel

Situations like this, with left over mod stuff resulting in a 'dirty' getperson.php file, I uninstall ALL mods, then copy in fresh copy of getperson.php  (and any other target files with  errors) from the TNG distribution files, then reinstall mods one at a time.  Usually works for me.😊

I use a similar approach where I replace the module that has an issue, like getperson.php in this case, with the distributed file and then using the Mod Manager  Status pull down option and select Partially Installed and Clean Up the mods that are partially installed. 

Michel KIRSCH

For testing purposes, I often install and uninstall Mods. I don't know why, but it can happen that an uninstall goes wrong and bits of code remain in some files. Usually, this is code coming from a mod and remaining in one file only...
I really don't know why...

Ron and Ken, your approach is the best. Mine is the faster... when knowing what we do :-)

Michel KIRSCH
2 hours ago, XerxX said:

Thank You Michel.

;-)

Erik

:-)

1 hour ago, Michel KIRSCH said:

For testing purposes, I often install and uninstall Mods. I don't know why, but it can happen that an uninstall goes wrong and bits of code remain in some files.

Michel,

If you also are modifying files manually, the Mod Manager might not find the code that was installed because the white space (blanks, tabs, etc.) are no longer the same as what is in the mod .cfg file

Michel KIRSCH

I know, Ken. But that can't explain why code stay in a file in certain situation.

when it happens again, I'll let you know, so we can discuss it

Michel

Many thanks trying to help me with my Open Street Map, which cannot installed says the mod manager.
I've tried all your hints, but no solution!

First I put the missing  heatmap_OSM.php file in the actual directory, but no help.
At last I've reinstalled the whole TNG 12.3, but the Open Street Map  Mod is not wanted.

What am I doing wrong, I wonder?

Thanks,

ENo

ENo,

A Mod Manager Cannot Install status does not tell us what is wrong.  When you expand the Status column, it should have some sort of error message, like Bad Target, Missing Source or something like that. 

When you extract the OpenStreetMap mod that you downloaded, did you put both the mod .cfg file and the extracted OpenStreetMap.6 folder as a folder (or directory) with all its contents in your TNG mods folder?

1 hour ago, SiEiNo said:

First I put the missing  heatmap_OSM.php file in the actual directory, but no help.

What directory did you put this heatmap_OSM.php file in?  The module is already contained in the OpenStreetMap.6 folder or directory that is part of the OpenStreetMap v12.3.0.6a.zip that you have been downloading.  The directory (or folder) must be copied as a folder or directory to your mods folder where it becomes a subfolder or sub directory.

Ken,

Extracting the downloaded zip-file gave a file  OpenStreetMap v12.3.0.6a.cfg and a

directory OpenSreetMap 6. Both were put in the Mods directory.

ENo

ENo,

If you cannot figure out why the mod will not install, use by web site link in my signature and send me credentials so I can login with TNG Admin privileges and you might need to also send me FTP access credentials.

Hi Ken and thanks for taking care of this. It's morning here now (8:15 AM) so I've been sleeping through your conversation. (This heat - 30+deg C in the shadow - is quite exhausting)

DId you solve it? Please let me know (PM or mail is fine if you want to)

Best regards,

Erik

Ken,

Having put the OpenStreetMap files into the Mods directory, it gives the error message: Cannot install

The Status Column tells us: 

line 34: %copyfile: heatmap_OSM.php  source missing

Source: mods/OpenStreetMap.6/heatmap_OSM.php

line 451: %location:% #2 not unique
ine 816: %location:% #1 not unique
line 1269: %target:@osm_settings.php% file missing (optional) will ignore

errors: 3
- - - - - - - - -

All the other mods installed without problems..

ENo

heatmap_OSM.php

openstreetmap_v12.3.0.6a.cfg

Hi ENo,

Modmanager says that the "heatmap_OSM.php" file is missing but you attach it so it's there. Or isn't it inside the folder "OpenStrretMap.6" where it should be:

OSMdirectory.png

As you can see, the file "osm_settings.php" should also be there. Check both.

I will have a look at what the "Not unique" means.

I'll be back soon.

/Erik

ENo,

Did you put the OpenStreetMap.6 directory and all its contents as a directory under the mods directory?   The heatmap_OSM.php file is in the OpenStreetMap.6 directory and must be there to install.

Erik,

Not Unique means that the same code or code fragment can be found elsewhere.   It could indicate a conflict or that the mod was not removed completely before upgrading

Ken, I'm looking at it right now. "what it means" meant to mean "why it appears". :-)   Yes, probably a conflict so I'm very interested.

ENo, what Ken says ;-)

Erik

Hi ENo,

Did you install the mod "OSM Automatic Geocoding"? If so: Uninstall it and wait until after you have installed the OSM mod.

The OAG mod must be uninstalled while the OSM mod is installed or uninstalled.

I suspect that your two "Not unique" came because of that, as they both add the "Geocode" tab that the OSM mod removes.

/Erik

The Solution is found!

Searching for any errors with the cfg-file or the content in the OSM folder I noticed that the name of the heatmap_OSM.php file asked for  had the letters 'OSM' in big format, but found in the actual folder the file name had 'osm' in small letters.
Now the file name is heatmap_OSM.php all over and the installation went quite well.

Thanks for all your help!

ENo

Hi ENo. For some reason the file must have been renamed as it's got the correct name in the download.

Anyway; I'm glad that the problem is solved.

Have a nice summer!

Erik