TNG Community
garybakker

Replacing "His/Her" links with "My Ancestor/My Family/My Page" links? (template 13)

garybakker
I would like to replace the links to his and her sides of the family tree with personalized links based on who is logged in. It appears that this mod has been done previously.

Question: It has been a long time since I set up my site and I have done virtually nothing to it since setup. I would like to make this modification, but am at a loss as to how to accomplish it. Can someone help me with how to make this change? Please provide a step-by-step approach if you have the patience.

This mod:

https://tng.lythgoes.net/wiki/index.php/My_User_Links_Add-on

This thread:

My site:

My server (if it matters):
I am using SimplyHosting.

Thank you,
Gary

Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 2.01.58 PM.png

Ken Roy

Gary,

Are you not using the Admin > Setup > Template Settings dialog to enter the information you want on your Home page?

garybakker

Ken,

Thanks for your response. Yes I attempted to make the change via the Template Settings dialog, but it is pre-defined as "his/her" links (or "mother/father" if you prefer). I cannot change that. Based on my reading of posts in the forum I believe it is possible to change those "his/her" links to "My Ancestors" and "My Family" and "My Page" links. 

The Template Settings page as it appears to me is attached.

Gary

Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 6.41.10 PM.png

Ken Roy
6 hours ago, garybakker said:

I would like to replace the links to his and her sides of the family tree with personalized links based on who is logged in.

Sorry, I read your question too quickly and missed that you want to dynamically assigned different links based on who is logged in. 

Sorry, I am not familiar with any of the mods you mentioned.

garybakker

I'm the original poster. I'm Bumping this thread one time to see if recency might generate a response that will point me to where I can learn how to accomplish my goal.