TNG Community
Ian Davidson

Missing Media file

Ian Davidson

Yesterday I got a message from Google Search Console advising me of a 404 error - URL Not Found whilst crawling through my TNG (12.2) site. The URL is to a media file (# 33 as it happens). I searched this forum & also for a mod that would verify media links but couldn't find something that would locate the record(s) to which the missing file was linked so that I could correct the error either by deleting the link to the missing file, or uploading it. Spent a lazy 15 minutes scrolling through the Admin | Media pages on my site but everything appears to be found. So then I fired up phpMyAdmin and, as expected, found no record in tng_media with mediaID=33. The surprise came when I searched tng_medialinks for mediaID=33 and came up empty-handed as well...  so how's Google coming up with a 404 error if nothing links to it? If anyone could point me to another place to look I'd appreciate it!

TIA & regards

Ian

tngrlkrz

May not be exactly what you need, but a related mod that can be helpful for similar issues is the Unused_Media mod.  It lists any physical media that are not linked anywhere in TNG. Another mod which enhances the admin:media pages is Admin_Media_Search .  Has many filters to search you rmedia.