TNG Community
lucaud

Installation incomplete

lucaud

Hello there !
After a few years away from using TNG, I want to get back to using it to share my project with family and friends. Since I have a new Windows 10 PC, I have to reinstall everything, but I had saved installation notes from a few years back, so I thought I was good to go. The plan is to install same as before : version 10 with XAMPP as a local server.

- I downloaded TNG  version 10.1.3 and XAMPP.  Made sure that I have alle the rights to the folders where the software is installed.

- I extracted TNG files and folders.

- XAMPP installation went well, only had to modify Apache httpd.conf to select the TNG folder.  Then I created a genealogy database in MySQL with UTF-8 collation.

- I started XAMPP, opened a browser window, entered "localhost" and the TNG installation window appeared.

- I chose Express Installation, Steps 1-2-3 went well

- I changed the language setting to French UTF-8, clicked "save", and I got the message " Please wait, attempting to process... " and the installation hangs

- If I don't change the language setting and try to establich the database connection, I get the same message.

I can't figure out where the problem commes from. If someone can give me hints about what's going on, I would appreciate it.

Thanks !

Luc

lucaud

Hello again. Please disregard my post. I decided to upgrade to 12.3, and the installation completed without any error.  Thanks !

Luc