TNG Community

Census Plus Int'l--new DOM configuration?

Derrick

Thanks Roger,

I know you are on a MacIntosh and that Carlton is on a Linux system.   the URL does not change for me on Windows 10 Pro with FireFox 77.0.1 (64-bit) but then I always click the View button on the Image after I click the View Record from the search results list

Thanks Roger,

My guess is that it only a matter of time before it breaks in Windows 10 as well.  I will take another look at the files that Derrick, Patti, and Carlton provided but in my initial look I did not see any of the fields that we normally captured from the DOM source file.

• 2 weeks later...

Ken,

I may represent the above eventual Win 10 breakage. I am using Win 10 and as of today I am not able to import my DOM files. The error message is: " The string DOCTYPE html was found. This is View Page Source file and not a DOM Source Census Plus transcript."

That result despite not changing the CIP process. I do get the proper event viewer url from my active Ancestry.com account - which i saw an issue in another CIP post this month.

As an aside, I did have to reinstall FireFox today to resolve a cut-n-paste problem. I don't know if a necessary FireFox addon didn't get activated - although I don't recall such a requirement to get CIP working. I have attached the problematic DOM file.

Regis

DOM Source of Selection.html

url: https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/7884/31111_4327496-00920?pid=155054412&backurl=https://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?indiv%3D1%26dbid%3D7884%26h%3D155054412%26tid%3D%26pid%3D%26usePUB%3Dtrue%26_phsrc%3DKHr5%26_phstart%3DsuccessSource&treeid=&personid=&hintid=&usePUB=true&_phsrc=KHr5&_phstart=successSource&usePUBJs=true

Edited by MadRanger
Added the Ancestry.com url

Regis,

As I posted on the Census Plus International mod page, Ancestry has changed the way they generate the DOM source which can no longer be imported by the current program.

You have no choice at this point but to use the Add tab and manually enter the family you want from that particular census.

I did not look at your attached DOM source but based on all previously reported problems, Ancestry has way they generate their DOM source.

Sorry, but I do not have the time to re-write the import part of the mod.  I am still working on straightening out my web site from TNG v12 changes and TNG 13 is likely to come out later this year based on previous release dates.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been away for a bit, but see others are running into the same problem I am.    I made no changes to my Ancestry configuration, or TNG in months.   I'm on TNG version  12.2 and CPI version 12.0.0.10a using FireFox.

I was trying to import a 1920 Census and received this message:  " The text string clientModel was not found. DOM Source is not from the interactive viewer.
Possibly a new DOM Source file format. Contact the mod developers using the TNG Community Forum and attached the failing DOM Source file"

I'll see if I can understand your workaround or whatever Ancestry has done with the viewer tomorrow when my mind is fresher in the morning.   I've attached the dom file.   Please let me know if there will be a fix to this problem or only the workaround.

Trudy Lusk

census.txt

Trudy,

Do not expect a fix for the import any time soon.  Ancestry changed their whole DOM generation so the existing code to import census no longer works. 

The only workaround that works is to use the Add tab and manually add the family or families you are interested in from that census.

Sorry, but I do not have the time to re-write the import code since it is now substantially different from what was used previously.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same experience today.

The text string clientModel was not found. DOM Source is not from the interactive viewer. Possibly a new DOM Source file format. Contact the mod developers using the TNG Community Forum and attached the failing DOM Source file,

Ancestry has changed the way they generate their DOM source.  It requires a complete re-write of the import script, not likely to happen any time soon.

Please use the Add tab and enter the census information for the family you are interested in manually