TNG Community
jhculbert

Issue with Custom Events Display

jhculbert

I am using TNG v. 12.3.  I recently added 3 employment custom events to an existing individual in my database, but these custom events do not show in the normal view!

The employment custom event shows in the normal view for other individuals.  Can anyone suggest a cause and fix for this?

Unfortunately, this is for a living individual that I must now publicly share in order to seek resolution.

Screenshots attached.

Thanks!

Edit View.png

Public View.png

Rob Severijns

Hello JH,

In the users menu you can set the  Allow to view information for living individuals

If left unchecked the occupation is hidden to all users that have this option unchecked.

All other users will be able to see the occupations.

Media linked to custom events can be checked as private.

Hope this will help you.

Kind regards,

Rob 

jhculbert

Thanks for your reply, Rob.  Unfortunately, you've completely missed the problem.

It has nothing to do with selecting whether or not to allow for the viewing of information on living individuals.

As Admin, when logged in, I should be able to see all data entered for an individual.  For this specific individual, I cannot.

Jim

Ken Roy

Jim,

Is your Employment event marked as Accept in the Admin > Custom Event Types?  or is it the default Ignore?

jhculbert

Many thanks for your reply, Ken!

I checked, and Employment was set to Accept.  But then I thought...I had just uploaded a GEDCOM with additional individuals, so I went back to review my custom events, and found a duplicate EVENT - Employment custom event, which was NOT set to Accept.  I changed that one as well, and now all is well.  So even though I was selecting the Employment custom event when making the additions, and not the EVENT - Employment custom event, visibility was being affected!  Most interesting!