TNG Community
Sign in to follow this  
carltonb

CensusPlus v12.0.0.10a

carltonb

I wanted to import a 1900 census this AM and ran into the following problem. (It also seemed that with a new update to Firefox that the page displayed differently)

The text string clientModel was not found. DOM Source is not from the interactive viewer.
Possibly a new DOM Source file format. Contact the mod developers using the TNG Community Forum and attached the failing DOM Source file,

Atttached is the dom file.

Any help is appreciated.

carltonb

DOM Source of Selection.txt

Ken Roy

Carlton,

Can you provide the URL link for the census image.  I need to be able to access the census on Ancestry and see if I can capture the DOM source.

carltonb

Good morning Ken.

Yes you had the correct URL file.

Because I run a Linux System, I uninstalled Firefox, Reinstalled it, made sure I had the current version and tried again.

I tried the process again and I get a file that matches the file size that you sent me.

I now get the following error ...

The string DOCTYPE html was found. This is View Page Source file and not a DOM Source Census Plus transcript.

There has to be something I am doing in the process of creating and saving the file. I am attaching some screen shots. See these shots and let me know what I am doing wrong.

Carlton_Dom_v2.txt

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg

Screenshot_4.jpg

Ken Roy

Sorry, I have no way of supporting a Linux system.  All the instructions for this mod were written for capturing the DOM source in Firefox on a Windows environment.

If Firefox does not generate the same DOM source when run in a Linux environment, then i have no clue how to fix it.

Instructions in a Windows environment is to Right Click on the Index bar and choose the Select All option.  Maybe you Click on the bottom to Select All does not work the same way.

bhemph

Carlton,
     If you look at what comes up in your Firefox window on the view selection source, about half way down that page you can see "<strong>Sign in</strong> to leave a comment</button>".  So that indicates that Ancestry thinks that tab is not logged in.  So that is either caused by some setting you turned on in Firefox or, with you saying you uninstalled and reinstalled, a default setting in the Linux version of Firefox.  So if you can figure out what setting that is to enable you to get the DOM source of that page after the expansion of the details, you should then be able to run the parser on it.  Otherwise, you will have to enter the transcriptions manually.

Brent

carltonb

Thanks to both for the help. 

Ken I perfectly understand that you can not help, no worries.

Brent, I see what you are talking about. I have looked at the code and even though I am logged in to both Firefox and Ancestry I, for the life of me do not see where it is coming from.

I am going to have to dig a lot deeper to figure it out.

Carlton

carltonb

BTW What should these settings be?

Screenshot from 2020-05-30 14-00-29.jpg

Ken Roy

Carlton,

As the error message indicates, this is a source capture of the page being displayed and not a DOM Source Capture.

I do not have access to a Linux environment, but I also do not understand your screen capture that says "Click on bottom to Select All

The instructions on the TNG WIki clearly say

The following applies:

• You can only capture the DOM source in Firefox (or SeaMonkey)
  • You have to expand the index table below the image
  • You have to right click and click the Select All option
  • You then have to right click again and click on the View Selection Source option

Try right click and then clicking the Select All

carltonb

Thank you Ken for the help. 

I borrowed a friends laptop with win10.

Tried the same procedure that is specified on the Census page (same procedure I have used for the last few years)

I get the same results 

The string DOCTYPE html was found. This is View Page Source file and not a DOM Source Census Plus transcript.

I understand exactly what it is telling me but have tried various combinations of clicking and saving the file. They all produce the same results.

I will drop this for now and go on with other research.

Thank you for the help and stay well.

Carlton

Ken Roy

Carlton,

Make sure the Firefox Save Page As - Save as Type is set to text file  and not the default Web Page html

batkinson57

I am having the same problem, I am using Windows 10 wit Fire Fox ver 79.0.

here is the message:

The text string clientModel was not found. DOM Source is not from the interactive viewer.
Possibly a new DOM Source file format. Contact the mod developers using the TNG Community Forum and attached the failing DOM Source file,

I have attached the text file.

Here is the census URL:  https://www.ancestry.com/imageviewer/collections/7602/images/4117840_00058?treeid=157530182&personid=322069590166&rc=&usePUB=true&_phsrc=iJk2&_phstart=successSource&pId=50326649

Any help will be appreciated.

US_Federal_1900.txt

Ken Roy
1 hour ago, batkinson57 said:

Here is the census URL:  https://www.ancestry.com/imageviewer/collections/7602/images/4117840_00058?treeid=157530182&personid=322069590166&rc=&usePUB=true&_phsrc=iJk2&_phstart=successSource&pId=50326649

The Census Plus International mod is not able to process the new DOM source generated by the new Ancestry imageviewer.   Currently you have no choice but to use the Add tab in the Census Plus International mod and manually add the family you want from the census.

This information has been provided in a couple other posts and also added to the TNG Wiki Census Plus International mod page