TNG Community
Sign in to follow this  
KevyNC

Adding text block to template

KevyNC

Just curious if one can create a copy of a template (whole folder) and rename it to say  "template99" for example and then modify the copy? updates should not cause the template to break because it is not part normal name items.  I tested this and the new one appears in the dropdown.   I am not sure if what I would to try to modify if simply having a mytngstyle.css would get me to where I want to be.

What I am trying to do is to make a custom version of Template 12. Adding a html/text block below the left, right and Welcome blocks and also above the Surname cloud.   Also, I assume that block to modify contents should appear on the template settings like the left, right and and center.(Guess I could call it template 122 (for template 12 ver 2.0 ).

I understand html farily well and have a basic understanding of PHP, but have not really had any direct experience with CSS.  I have worked with WordPress and Elementor.  What files do would I need to modify to accomplish this?  If someone can point me to an example or previously discussion I would appreciate it.

Kevin

Chris Lloyd

That would probably work. I would suggest that you keep a copy of the renamed template BEFORE making any changes or edits so that when upgrades come through you can compare your original unmodified template to the upgraded one to see if there have been any changes.

KevyNC

That would probably work. I would suggest that you keep a copy of the renamed template BEFORE making any changes or edits so that when upgrades come through...

Thanks Chris -- I was planning on doing that so upgrade didn't break anything  -- I am still unclear on what I need to do to get the "extra" block  in, and what css/php file(s) to modify.