TNG Community

Private Media Mod Issue

bryanlewis

bryanlewis

I have a fresh install of TNG 12.3 that I am using to start a new tree (no data import).  I want to keep certain photos/documents completely private, even for deceased people, so I installed the Private Media Mod, thinking that was the perfect solution.  The install went fine and I marked a few photos and docs as private and they vanished from the public interface (I didn't want a placeholder that said they were private/living, I just wanted them gone).  I thought everything was working fine, until I went back to view them as my own (admin) user and they were still gone.  The photos simply don't show up at all in the "public-facing" interface, they only appear in the Media management admin interface.  My user is in the "Admin" role and has all permissions, including the newly added "Allow to view private media" permission from this mod.  But I can only view these private items through the management interface, not browse them through the normal interface (logged in as me).

Am I misunderstanding how this mod works?  I don't see any configuration options that I have missed.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bryan

bryanlewis

Inexplicably this issue resolved itself after a few hours.  I have no idea what changed, but now the images are visible for admin and not for public.  So all is well.  The gremlin left the computer I guess.

Edit:  I believe I know what happened.  I set my user to have private media rights, but the change did not take effect until I logged out and back into TNG.  So that was the reason for the "delay."