TNG Community
dreed47

site wont load photos after site move

dreed47

My hosting provider went out of business.  I was able to get q complete backup for code, media, and database before they shut down my server.  I am trying to get the site up and running on a new host and im having an issue getting the photos to load.  The site comes up fine, all theme files are loaded, I can get to the admin pages, etc.  The photos are all on the server and they all have read/write access.  I can load individual photos by going directly to them (http://mysiteurl.com/photos/myimage.jpg) but for some reason the TNG php code wont load them and im not get 404 errors in the browser so it something in the code.  The config path hows the default "photos" path and im tried changing that to something elese and moving the photos but they still wont load. 

Anyone have any clue what might be missing? 

Ken Roy

Did you setup your folder structure the same way as it was on your old host?  Photos are displayed based on the media records in the database.

Make sure your Root path is correct on your new host.  If you can access TNG Admin, open the Setup > General Settings and expand the Paths and Folders, clear the Root Path and save the settings.  Re-open the General Settings, TNG should have plugged in the correct Root Path.  Save the settings again.

dreed47

that worked!  not sure why it wasnt working cause the root path looked correct before I tried to wipe it out and save.  Thanks for your help!