TNG Community
Rob Severijns

*Solved* Media not showing from person's page.

Rob Severijns

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with showing linked media on a person's page.

I created a new database and in that database is only one person I added via the add person option.

I uploaded two media files (an award and a document) and linked those two to the one person in my database.

When I view the document or award from the startpage or media menu the document fully shows but from the award (see picture) only the upper part is shown.

image.png

When I go to the person's page and I view the linked document nothing shows execpt for the document name and award name. (See picture)

image.png

This leads to 2 questions:

1. How do I make the full view of the award possible?

2. How do I make the document and the award visible when viewing from the person's page?

It's a clean database created with TNG 12.3 and no gedcom import or mod's installed.

I use Template 9 with the folowing Media settings:

image.png

Anyone any suggestions?

Rob

Rob Severijns

Hello everyone,

Found the probable cause of the problem.

The setting where one may choose to "seperate media in three folders" is the probable cause.

When set to "Yes" and converted into three folders the viewer doesn't show the document. Only a short message "Loading...." is seen.

When set to "No" and converted into one folder the viewer shows the whole document.

The problem persists even if no conversion is done after changing the setting to "yes".

I have no idea what causes this but it could be a small "bug".

I use TNG 12.3, PHP 7.4, MySQL 5.7 and Template 9.

Choosing a different Template shows the same issues.

The database was setup with a fresh version of TNG 12.3, the only adeptation was done in the of the Admin Home / General Settings / Media and no Mod's we're installed.

The database is filled via GEDCOM set as "replace all current data" resulting in 327 individuals, 111 families and 108 places.

No other media, execpt for one document, was uploaded and linked to one individual.

The "bug" is reproducable by me and maybe by others too.

If anyone has any idea what is causing this behaviour or is able to reproduce it, I'd be happy to know.

I will do some furter testing but If nobody has a clue I will report this to Darrin in order to have it fixed in the upcoming version of TNG.

Hope his is usefull to others.

Kind regards,

Rob

Ken Roy
1 hour ago, Rob Severijns said:

The setting where one may choose to "seperate media in three folders" is the probable cause

Rob,

The above had me puzzled at first since I was wondering what 3 folders.  the option is to Separate media in tree folders

My option is set as No since I think this is a new option in TNG 12.?  You may want to report this to Darrin since he does not monitor the forum for problems.

Rob Severijns

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your reply.

I will do so.

Was hoping that others might be able to reproduce it or have a clue to what's causing this but I guess that if you don't know, nobody else knows 😉

Rob

Rob Severijns

Hello everyone,

Just recieved word from Darrin.

Regarding the media not showing.

Darrin told me he was aware of the issue and said it will be fixed in the upcoming version of TNG and for now advises to keep the setting to "No".

There is also a fault in the translation from English into Dutch which made me mis-understand the setting.

The English translation of "Separate media in tree folders:" was tranlated into  "Verschillende media in drie mappen" which basicly means "three" folders.

This setting is only for those who have multiple trees in their database. 

I proposed a new translation into Dutch.

Apperently there is also a problem with the media viewer when viewing media from folders that were self-made. In my case the Awards and Maps folders.

When viewing media from those folders, a few milimeters of the media is stripped (hidden) at the bottom of the viewer so full view isn't exactly full view.

Darrin is investigating this and he will let me know what is causing this and how to resolve it.

Kind regards,

Rob