TNG Community

Transferring TNG from old computer to new computer

Krisamd

I am maintaining my TNG in Simply Hosting and also maintain in my home Computer for maintenance and upgrades.

I have new computer and I want to transfer the TNG to the new one from old one.

I need some good input

Thanks

Kris 

My old HP Notebook with Windows10 Prof. I installed wampserver2.5-Apache-2.4.9-Mysql-5.6.17-php5.5.12-64b and TNG 10.1.1 with lot of customization phps.

The installation was done in 2014-15 in my local host and subsequently transferred to my site namkudumbam.net.

My new HP Notebook with Windows 10 prof.

I have installed in my new notebook same wampserver2.5-Apache-2.4.9-Mysql-5.6.17-php5.5.12-64b and also loaded data (xx.sql) exported from my old notebook to MySQL in the new notebook.

Now I am unable to proceed further as the TNG file from old notebook does not work with the newly installed Wampserver.

Kris

Kris,

Did you install the same version of TNG on your new laptop?  If not what did you install?  Hope you kept good notes on your customization or better yet installed your customization using the Mod Manager.

Kris,

Glad you found your problem.  There are 2 files that are an issue when transferred between sites

• config.php because your database, login credentials, rootpath, and genealogy URL will likely be different
  • subroot.php if you moved your configuration files outside of the web server addressability

Thanks

MY current settings are wampserver2.5-Apache-2.4.9-Mysql-5.6.17-php5.5.12

The TNG was 10.1.1 which I have upgraded to TNG to 12.3

I am proposing to upgrade WAMPSERVER to WampServer_(64bit)_v3.0.6 or wampserver3.2.0_x64.

I am not sure if there is any advantage to upgrade the wampserver.

I would appreciate your advice.

Thanks

Kris

Kris,

You may want to upgrade using the links for version 3.0.3 in the Version section on the WampServer article in the TNG Wiki.   I installed the full version of 3.2 on a new laptop and initially was not able to access my TNG database because the default database management system in a full install of WampServer 3.2 is now MariaDB, so there are port specification requirements to use MySQL.  For multiple reasons, I have not had the time to document it on the TNG Wiki

Thanks Ken

my local host (wampserver2.5-Apache-2.4.9-Mysql-5.6.17-php5.5.12-64b) with TNG 12.3 is working solid without any issues.

I have installed wampserver 3.2.2 ( WAMPSERVER to 3.2.2 with MySql 8.0.18, Apache 2.4.41 and phpMyAdmin 4.9.2 and MariaDB disabled). in a separate notebook and I am running problems with Media, and Mods.

I would like to put the entire issue on the forum and get some feed back.

Your advice please.

Kris

Issues with wampserver3.2.0_x64.docx

Kris,

My guess is that MySQL 8.0 is still bleeding edge software.  What version of PHP?  and what mods are at issue. 

Sorry, I did not download your docx file if you described the issues there. 

I think it is a path issue where TNG is confused about the path on the notebook.

Update the TNG Root Path in Admin > Setup > General Settings in the Paths and Folders section by clearing it, saving it, going back in to see what it has updated to and save again.

Kris,

I find it difficult to read small screen prints these days.  Did you do the full install of WampServer 3.2?  If so then you need to provide port 3307 in order to use MySQL because the new database management system is MariaDB.   It is also a lot easier to solve one problem at a time rather that post a document that might have several problems in it.

Document attachments also require that one login in order to view them before one can decide whether they can offer help.

If you did a full install of WampServer 3.2, then you need to add port 3307 to the config.php file, as $database_port = '3307';

You say the site now opens, so how did you get it to do that?  Maybe someone with better eye sight who is not color-blind and can read small white text on black backgrounds can help.

Kris,
     It says check permissions in the screen shot of the mods.  So maybe if you open the url for the readme.html and run the permissions setting, it will do something?  The diagnostics page might give a clue to what TNG sees as the problem.

Brent

Kris,

A similar problem was reported recently where the Root path did not have the trailing /, Please clear the Admin > Setup > General Settings > Root Path in the Paths and Folder section and save the Settings.  Re-open General Settings and save it again.

If you do not have access to Admin, the change the config.php so the $rootpath value is ""

Looks like you might also have an obsolete version of config.php since the beginning of the file now includes

$database_port = '';
$database_socket = '';

after the password variable.  As indicated in the other post, the $rootpath must have a terminating /

Thanks to all 

I have completely redone config.php based upon TNG Full version 12 and this has solved all my issues.

I should have reviewed config.php when I upgraded TNG from 10.1.1 to 12.3

Kris

Actually, I think if you would have opened it and saved it in TNG it would have added all the new variables since TNG 10.1

• 3 weeks later...

In upgrading from 10.1.1 to 12.3 TNG moved my templateconfig.php to tng_templates.

my tng_templated are covered in the first 20 lines but the table has total 1213 instances which are not related to my site.

If I modify/expand etc. templateconfig.php file, have I to upgrade the template table. or Do I need only modify template table and delete templateconfig.php

We need clear info

I have similar other problems which will be covered in my subsequent posts.

Kris 

image.png