TNG Community

*Solved* Another Map question

Rob Severijns

Rob Severijns

While logged in as an Admin one can geo-code places.

People can use Google for that if they have the API's and key activated or they can use Open Street Maps (OSM) if the mod is installed.

I myself am currently using Google.

Atfer I geo-coded a place from within the Admin Setup / Places menu, I can either edit, delete or test the Lat/Long settings for a place.

I noticed that when I choose to test there is an OSM link just below the map (see image)

image.png

Since I don't make use of OSM and never installed it before, I wonder where is came from.

I use 3 mods that I think are Map / Geo-Code related:

Mobile_ind_page_person_map_v12.0.0.2, Person_map_v9.0.0.2_dutch and Geocode_assist_v11.0.0.3

When editing the geo-code the OSM link is not there. (See image) the OSM link is not there.

image.png

More specific the OSM link is nowhere to be found on any map except when in Admin/Setup/Places in "test" mode.

Does anyone know where it might come from? Is this hardcoded into TNG? or is a link that should not be there after a map key has been added? and last but not least can it even be removed?

Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

BTW I'm using TNG 12.3, PHP 7.4 and Template 9

Kind regards,

Rob

Rob,
     That is coded in TNG and only shows if you have a geocoded location or a map key, depending on the page.  You could create a simple mod that would comment out line 345 of placesearch and line 121 of showmap to remove the OSM links.

Brent

Rob Severijns

Bhemph,

Thank you for the quick and helpfull response.

I didn't write a simple mod because I don't really know how to but I did comment out the suggested lines.

Works perfectly. 👍😀

The OSM link wasn't really a big issue. Just wondered why it is there if people are using Google instead of OSM.

But then again, I could be missing the point.

Anyhow, thanks again and stay safe.

Rob

• Rob Severijns changed the title to *Solved* Another Map question
1 hour ago, Rob Severijns said:

The OSM link wasn't really a big issue. Just wondered why it is there

It might have been added to TNG based on some user's suggestion to provide OpenStreetMap before Erik developed the Open Street Map mod

Rob Severijns

Hello Ken,

That could very well be the case but does the use of either Google Maps or OSM not make the link obsolete for the embedded code?