TNG Community
Merv

"Add new persons only" option

Merv

Does anyone know if there is a mod that gives the "Add new persons only" option when allowing user editing rights... or is their a way to set them up that way already?

This would be good as my users always get lost when adding media, and it takes me ages to go back and see what they've done, delete and add correctly.

In short, it's easier for me to add media.

Thanks

Capture.JPG

Rob Severijns

Hello Merv,

I haven't found any between the regular mods but maybe someone did make one for personal use.

I asume your users aren't all adinistrators but other types of users otherwise I believe it is asking for "trouble".

If you give the other users the role of "Submitter", you as an Admin should be able to determen wheter the submission is valid or not.

But I'm not sure if it works that way and/or if that works for you.  

Kind regards,

Rob

Merv

I am happy for them to add people because it is an easy enough process. but they always seem to have trouble adding media.

The problems they have are mainly with adding profile photos.

They aren't cropped correctly

They aren't named correctly

They aren't compressed

I would rather that they submit the media for me to add.

Rob Severijns

Hi Merv,

I see what you mean and I'm sorry I can't help you with the writing of a mod or so.

Untill there is a more "forced" solution you could just tell/ask your users not to add any media and instead send the media to you.

But you might already have done that.

There is a mod that gives users the possibility to send documents en photo's  to the admin. from within TNG

1. Submit_Photo/Document_Form_Mod

2. Submit_Photo_Tab_Mod

I know it's not the ideal solution but it might work for now.

Rob

Philip Roy

For all the reasons you state Merv, I wish this was inbuilt as an option. I have a very new private site and know there are a lot of people that could be added in...but I don’t want people uploading media at the same time. My site is mod free, so I’d really like to see this as a standard option.