TNG Community
Danita

All photos imported as "histories" with Gedcom

Danita

I upgraded to 12.3 (from 12.1) today.  I do not recall this being an issue before.  I imported a new Gedcom, replacing what was already there.  I requested that images be imported if available, and they all imported, and yet none could be found, and not one thumbnail could be created.  They seem to have all imported as "histories" rather than "photos", and I had put them all in the photos directory as usual.  So of course the images could not be found, and thumbnails could not be created.  It took me a bit to figure out what had happened.  I just selected them all and switched them to photos and everything was fine.

Should it be expected that images from Gedcoms import as "histories"?  I have poked around in settings and do not see where it might be defined as a default, but perhaps I do have something misconfigured!

Thanks

Danita

Danita

As Emily Litella would say  . . . Nevermind!

It was user error.  The last time I imported, I switched the folder for "photos" to a different temporary location.  The histories location is the same as the former photos location (because I don't import those and just had all folders the same location).  Since the first "type" found for the location in the gedcom was "histories" that's what everything became.

Fixed for next time!

Danita