TNG Community
SiEiNo

Show Siblings mod

SiEiNo

The edit options won't work.

I want to be able to choose between a collapsed list or not - and where the list will show up, just as the options are in the Mod Manager.

But trying to change the options in the Mod Manager doesn't help. Trying to edit the options gives a "0" and no change for the siblings list, no list at all.

TNG v.12.3

Mod: ShowSiblings v10.1.0.4b

What  . . . .? 

I've tried to uninstall and reinstall and use of different languages, but no help.

ENo

Siblings mod01.jpg

XerxX

Hi ENo

So when you enter "false" or "true" (w/o quotes) and click "Oppdater", it changes to a "0"?

Do I understand that correctly?

/Erik

Ken Roy

There is a bug that has been reported against the Mod Manager change made in TNG 12.3 that does not like true and false options. 

SiEiNo

No other solutions than waiting for an update for TNG (Mod Manager) or the Mods using true /false???

ENo

Ken Roy

ENo,

Please contact me regards your TNG Wiki username.  I tried to send you an email and received no reply, so my guess is that you email address is dead or goes to a spam folder.

Ken Roy

I am also waiting to hear back from Darrin that he has integrated the Mod Manager fix into the TNG 12.3 zip files.

XerxX

Hi Ken,

I thought I could do it as a very easy task for a start. Lots to remember; not only the mod code.

And maybe ENo can make his changes a bit earlier than having to wait for the fix.

/Erik

SiEiNo
7 timer siden, Ken Roy skrev:

ENo,

Please contact me regards your TNG Wiki username.  I tried to send you an email and received no reply, so my guess is that you email address is dead or goes to a spam folder.

Ken,

I've checked my profile, and my email address is correct. My site has been moved to a new server location lately, and the address is now renewed.

ENo

Ken Roy

Please check whether the emails I sent you went to a junk or spam folder from the TNG Wiki as well as from this forum.

Please contact me at using my Contact link

SiEiNo
4 timer siden, XerxX skrev:

I have just now uploaded a new version (4c) to the Wiki:

https://tng.lythgoes.net/wiki/index.php?title=Show_Siblings

It uses 1/0 instead of true/false. Thanks for the alert and Ken's solution.

/Erik

Thanks for help!

I have now been aware of that I have some more mods in service that use true / false in setup, f.ex.:
* Bot-Trap
* OpenStreet Map
* Unused Media.

ENo

Ken Roy

If you reply to one of my emails or use the Contact link above, I can send you the new Mod Manager module.  I also want to straighten out your TNG Wiki user situation

XerxX

ENo and all,

OpenStreetMap  and other mods by me use true/false. I have to take care of them but it may take a few days. But those changes are quite simple so it shouldn't be a problem.

Keep an eye at the mod change page; I post all updates there.

/Erik

Ken Roy

I can provide the Mod Manager Edit Option module to anyone who encounters the problem.   The change made to Edit Option in TNG 12.3 was to prevent a problem and unfortunately introduced this site effect.  true or false should be valid Edit Options.

Still waiting for an email from Eno

SiEiNo

Ken,

Still waiting for an email from me?

I sent you an answer to one of your emails (TNG Community)  at  21:27 yesterday.
I hope it has come through!

ENo

Ken Roy

Yes, I am still waiting.  Something is wrong because there is no email on this forum nor did you reply to the email I attempt to send from the TNG Wiki or this forum.

I tried to use your site's Contact us (suggest.php) but cannot get passed the reCaptcha challenges that wants me to identify variaous parts of an image

Please send me a message using the following Email Contact

XerxX

Hi Ken,

I got your message and I agree with you re true/false.

I will not change any morree mods.

Thanks,

Erik

SiEiNo
3 minutter siden, XerxX skrev:

Hi Ken,

I got your message and I agree with you re true/false.

I will not change any morree mods.

Thanks,

Erik

Hi Erik and Ken,

All well, after having fixed my Mod Manager with the file from you Ken, the mods in question are working well - incl.
The Show Siblings Mod  v10.1.0.4b.

Thanks,

ENo

Ken Roy

For anyone else encountering this problem, download the TNG 12.3 zip file again and after extracting the appropriate upgrade file, copy the classes/modeditor.class.php module from the extract and paste it in your TNG classes folder on your local web server, and FTP the module to your classes folder on your hosting service