TNG Community

My page

Martin Kilkie

Martin Kilkie

A really obvious question with an obvious answer that I cannot see?

I have set TNG to attach each user to their database id. This usefully creates a mypage tab on the individual page. Great.

What my users want is a mypage option on the front end. I use template 13 which my users like (i have tested others and my own efforts).

I can see how to attach any specific user id but not the logged in person's. I assume there is an internal variable that is set when you log in and this creates mypage, but I cannot see how to use this elsewhere.

Any help as usual appreciated.

best regards

Martin Kilkie

Martin Kilkie

i looked at that and was about to try it out but the instructions are a bit vague. It says to add the given code into the template but doesnt say which file (i presume index.php) and where in that file. I was going to experiment but you have objeciouslt had to do it too on a template that looks very like mine.

thanks for the  reply.

Martin

Martin Kilkie

You spurred me on. I tried it. It is easiest in index.php and I found somewhere I like.

image.png

thanks

Martin

Martin Kilkie

Any idea now how I can change the mums and dads tree to that of the logged in person

being lazy

Martin

Martin Kilkie

Not sure. I may be being stupid but in my template you have to add a user id for mothers side and fathers side even if you log in (I think). I will try it blank.

Martin Kilkie

Hi,

thanks for the perseverence (and the late night).

I assumed that for each person it would look at their father's side ancestors and their mother's side ancestors based on their id. I can do this manually by inputting my father's id into the dad's side box and my mums into the moms side box. I wanted to do it by the program looking up my parents ids based on mine, which must be relatively straight forward (or would be in most other languages).

Does that make sense.

Martin

PS I keep all my data in one tree, as they are all one tree and just use branches.