TNG Community
LJLachance

Removing menu items AND changing "don't have a login?"

LJLachance

Most important, when someone clicks on the login page,  "login.php" is opened.  At the bottom of this page is displayed "Don't have a login? Register for New User Account".  This is a link to the "newacctform".  I want to change this link to another page.  Can someone tell me where this link is configured?  It's not in "login.php".

Next, I want to remove, in its entirety, the "Media" tab from the menu as well as remove the links to "Notes", "Statistics", and "Cemeteries".  Would someone point me to where these items reside so that I can either delete them or let me know how to do so in customconfig?

Thanks for the help.

LJLachance

Replying to my own topic ... just in case anybody else might need it: 

I only do this because my TNG is a subset of my primary website and the two interact. 

The link to the "newacctform" that appears at the bottom of the "login.php" is at the bottom of the "loginlib.php"

I have not yet figured out how to remove the actual "Media" tab but, everything that appears underneath of it is in the "genlib.php" file and I have figured out how to comment out those items.

Keeping a backup copy before making changes is a good idea, just in case. 

Rob Severijns

Regarding your 2nd question.

Go to your Template folder and edit the index.php

There you will find the following lines and more:

<li><a href="browsemedia.php"><span class="l"></span><span class="r"></span><span class="t"><?php echo $text['allmedia']; ?></span></a></li>
  <li><a href="cemeteries.php"><span class="l"></span><span class="r"></span><span class="t"><?php echo $text['mnucemeteries']; ?></span></a></li>
  <li><a href="places.php"><span class="l"></span><span class="r"></span><span class="t"><?php echo $text['places']; ?></span></a></li>

start each line of the menu item you wish to hide with   <!--

and close each line with    -->

I did have some issues when showing the media from the persons page afterwards but don't remember how I solved that. Not sure if you will face the same though.

I'm using template 9 btw and this removes the menu items on the left side of the page. Don't know how to remove the dropdown menu "media"

Kind regards,

Rob

LJLachance

Thanks Rob, got it done...