TNG Community
Sign in to follow this  
tbearman

Uploading and Linking Media

tbearman

I'm trying to upload a new photo and link it to an individual. I upload it, fill everything in, and see the note " More information may be added, and the item linked to individuals or families, on the next screen.", but when I click "Save and Continue", I am met with a blank screen. If I go back to try and Search for it, it isn't there, but on the Add New tab again, I can select it from already uploaded files. I'm at a loss how to link it to an individual, though. Any ideas?

Thanks.

manofmull

Suggest you try a different approach.

Upload the photo to your site "photos" folder via ftp: I recommend ftpcommander.

Then in Admin/Media/Add New/File name on site**: enter photo name, then Thumbnail > create from original.

Add media info (person's name in Title) and link in Media Links to the person of your choice.

tbearman

I tried your suggestion, and it worked. Thank you so much for taking the time to post. I don't understand why this approach works rather than the other way, as the file did upload successfully the first time, but you can't argue with success.┬á ­čśä

Cheers.