TNG Community
LJLachance

GDPR Popup "template?" Customize

LJLachance

I want to modify the size and shape of the GDPR popup AND add an icon to the popup as well.  Where will I find the size and shape defined in order to attempt to accomplish these changes?  I have found  that I can change the "layout" in terms of color etc., in mytngstyle.css as well as changed the wording in the Cookie Notes text of the languages but cannot find where the actual size and shape is defined.  Thanks for any help.

LJLachance

Is there anyone out there who might know the answer to this question?  Thanks

Chris Lloyd

Have you looked at the source code of your page?

LJLachance

Therein lies the problem - where is it?  What page should I be looking at to find it?

Chris Lloyd

When you view the page in a browser, depending on the browser you should fine an option to view page source or similar in the browser menu. E>G if you're using Firefox you'll fine the page source under tools>webdeveloper

tngrlkrz

FYI, If you're referring to this popup:

image.png

I  don't use GDPR myself, but I believe it is generated by javascript in cookie_approval.php which is 'included' in genlib.php if admin:setup:privacy is set to use GDPR.  .  You likely already looked at this wiki article which has the mytngstyle.css specifics for the layout of the cookie box . You might be able change the box characteristics by adding css lines in your template's css file, but will require some trial and error to get what you want.

TNG_and_GDPR

manofmull

I use the Cloudflare script inserted at top of template index.php per below. It's customisable for at least colour and text. There's support and a forum too. https://www.cloudflare.com/apps/cookie-consent

Maybe someone here can tweak this to your liking?. See my homepage for how it looks https://mullfamilies.co.uk/index.php

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/cookieconsent2/3.1.0/cookieconsent.min.css" />
<script src="//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/cookieconsent2/3.1.0/cookieconsent.min.js"></script>
<script>
window.addEventListener("load", function(){
window.cookieconsent.initialise({
  "palette": {
    "popup": {
      "background": "#1d8a8a"
    },
    "button": {
      "background": "#62ffaa"
    }
  },
  "content": {
    "message": "This website uses non-tracking cookies, required for login and general operation."
  }
})});
</script>

LJLachance

To all - that's what I was looking for.  Thanks for the input - I should be able to do what I want to do now that I have all of this excellent information.  Thanks again.