TNG Community
Sign in to follow this  
pipsi

Same Person Link - one more question

pipsi

one more question regarding "same person link":

is there an "easy" way to show same person link (Link to) for a living person when not logged in?
Reason why I wanted to show it is:

• you are searching for a person e.g. me
  • you see in the search result this person twice, with two different family tree names
  • you select one person - but you don't get any information why this person has been two times in the search result
  • if the same person link info would be displayed you would know why.

Thank you!
Ingrid

SPL.PNG

SPL1.PNG

SPL2.PNG

Ken Roy

Ingrid,

It looks like I never tested someone creating a link to a living person. I guess I was not expecting users to do that. 

A better solution would be to not display the Links To row if a person is living.

pipsi

Ken,

Today the Links To row is not displayed if a person is living (the 3rd attachment above  is my wish!)

this was my intention

https://tng.community/index.php?/forums/topic/14200-multiple-trees-and-merge/

Because this phantastic mod is availiable I created two new family trees to separate the family of my son's fatherside and the family of my niece's motherside the last days 
and I've activated the "same person-link" to my brother, my sister-in-law and my niece (they are in two family trees now) - and my ex-husband, my son and me (we also are in two family trees now).

As written above - if someone without login comes to the site, this person won't know why we all are twice there with different trees because the Links To row is not displayed.

Ingrid

Ken Roy

I will have to look at it.  I really do not want to show information on Living persons in the Links To row when a user does not have the right to view living information.

pipsi

@Ken Roy

In my "Same Person Link" sorrow ( 😉 ) I had the idea to create a new media category "Same Person" and upload the info and the link to the corresponding getperson.php and vice versa, because you can see the media on living persons without being logged in.
The media category "Same Person" is now displayed for all living persons that occur in two family trees.

Not really "nice", but the info is there now.

Ingrid

Ken Roy

Ingrid,

Do normal TNG privacy considerations not come into play on your site? 

The Same Persons Link mod Links To row is not shown if a person is Living or marked Private if the user does not the right to view information on living or persons mark private.   It basically follows the consideration in Setup - Privacy using the View Living or View Private based on the user's branch assignment.

Media normally does not show for Living Persons or those marked private, unless you mark the Media to override the TNG privacy considerations.