TNG Community
Jude

Can I edit registration email?

Jude

Can the auto registration acknowledgement email message be edited?  If so, specifically where can this be done please?   Nothing in the "Mail and Registration" settings allow editing. 

Thanks

Judy 

Philip Roy

Just started doing this and found the fields that relate to the registration email in alltext.php

So for me, that file is at /languages/English-UTF8/alltext.php

$admtext['hello'] = "Hello";
$admtext['activated'] = "Your genealogy user account has been activated.";
$admtext['infois'] = "Your login information is";
$admtext['subjectline'] = "Your genealogy user account has been activated.";

I then put my version of the text into my custom language file in the same folder.

Cheers, Phil

Edited by Philip Roy

Jude

Hi Phil

Thanks for your response.  As I didn't get an earlier answer,  I asked in the Facebook group and quickly got an answer that I've been working with and was right under my nose!!  I'm not a programmer so the coding such as you've provided (thank you!) is above my comfort zone.   I copy and paste my response into the message box found on the screen where you approve a new member.  I don't have hordes of family arriving at the same time, so it's not an issue.   As much as I'd like it automated, this works for my non-techy brain.   My message differs from the first link you provided.  Mine is short and sweet but suggesting they start by reading a "Start Here" welcome  message I have placed at the top of the Histories section. I explain how to find "Histories" as well as give them the direct link to my message.   The welcome message holds more detailed information such as Ms Jay added to her approval message. 

Having a second look at your code, looks very straight forward and I will have a good look at it.  Many Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Jude

manofmull

You can also edit the actual registration form newacctform.php

For me it asks for way too much personal information. I don't want addresses, phone numbers etc..

My own below is very basic

Image1.jpg

Philip Roy

Oh that's a good one! I am yet to declare my site to family members (just working on getting it set up) and didn't like the registration page....so I think I'll do the same as you have done.

I hope (maybe) for the likes of people like Jude, this might be something we could select or unselect easily in the back-end one day without needing to code.

Phil