TNG Community

public home shows no data

kiwibiologist

kiwibiologist

Hi

hoping someone can help me.  Something got corrupted in my tree and I decided I need to delete the existing tree and reimport a gedcom file.  That seemed to work and I can see the data on the admin site for my tree.  However my public home tree shows no surnames at all?  Do I need to do something to make the information public again?

My site is robnburntree.com

Alastair Robertson

kiwibiologist

there is one tree but it probably has a new name compared to the old one.  Is the public webpage not working because I need to rebuild the webpages again somehow.  Sorry showing my newbie side here obviously!

Alastair

I looked at your pages afterwards, and noticed it is odd - this page

https://robnburntree.com/showtree.php?tree=robnburn

shows how many people there are supposedly, but then the More Statistics link

https://robnburntree.com/statistics.php

shows no people.

I'd suggest you do the following:

Go to TNG Admin ------> Utilities and Backup all the tables

Go to TNG Admin ------> Setup ------> Table Creation and click the Create Tables button. This will delete everything in the database.

Go to TNG Admin ------> Utilities and Restore JUST the TNG users table. This will restore your Admin user so you don't have to create it again.

Go to TNG Admin ------> Trees and create a new Tree

Go to TNG Admin ------> Import and import your GEDCOM file into the newly created tree again

Roger

kiwibiologist

Help

now I have really screwed things - I had a previous version that I tried to restore before i did your suggestion but in doing so, I seem to have lost everything and can't get into the site anymore.  It says "Administrator-No-Users-Yet is not a valid user" on the home page and that is all!

Alastair

kiwibiologist

so it does!  Perhaps it takes some time to restore a big tree and it wasn't ready when I looked

Anyway, thanks Jeff and M - I will carry on checking as I go that all seems fine now

Alastair