TNG Community
Brewmaster54

research mod 11.1.2.6 and simple seo mod v11.1.1.6

Brewmaster54

I was wondering if anyone can help me make  these 2 mods installable with each other ? I'm running tng 11.1.2 and have maxed out my installation on updates so I'm stuck at this version of tng.

I tried following the suggested fix on the Research mods fixes but it is the wrong version and I'm not able to find the lines suggested in the simple seo's config file. Any help of idea's would be most appreciated.

theKiwi
4 hours ago, Brewmaster54 said:

have maxed out my installation on updates so I'm stuck at this version of tng.

What does this mean?

Roger

Brewmaster54

I am running an old server I repaired a few years ago, It is running windoz server 2003. I have the newest version of PHP and SQL it can handle. It is designed for server 2003 and cannot be updated with a newer version of windoz. TNG 11.1.2 is only as new as I can go with the php and sgl versions I am running so I'm stuck with what I have and need to make do.

tngrlkrz
6 hours ago, Brewmaster54 said:

the suggested fix on the Research mods fixes but it is the wrong version and I'm not able to find the lines suggested in the simple seo's config file.

The suggested fix involves commenting out lines 63-70 that do exist in the Simple SEO v11.1.1.6  cfg file.  Did you download that version?  It should then run with Research_Link_Mod v11.1.2.6 , notwithstanding any other issues with the older software/hardware.

target: getperson.php, location #5.
%location:%
	echo tng_DrawHeading( $photostr, $namestr, getYears( $row ) );
%end:% 
%replace:%
// BEGIN: Simple SEO
	echo tng_DrawHeading( $photostr, $namewid, getYears( $row ) );
// END: Simple SEO
%end:%

This will impact SEO for the person page, but the Research Link Mod should then work.

Brewmaster54

I stand corrected. I was looking for the exact wording as defined in the fix.

Either way, I did as you suggested and it works perfectly. Thank You so much for your response. I have been playing with this one for some time.

Appreciate all you do.