TNG Community

Sort Histories

Alan H

Right now I have 15 histories but I have tons of ancestors to go so will be dozens in the end.  I have been putting '1st Great' and '3rd Great' etc in front of their names and they sort by that rank.  But Grandparents and Parents won't fit in that sort.  

I can sort photos in an album without a hitch - simply drag into place and save.  Is there a function like that for Histories?

Thanks for responding.

Newfloridian

Can you provide us with a link to show an example of one of  your histories? Is it something you have created using historytemplate.php?

I've used several methods to index and navigate my own collection of (over 500) histories

Alan

My history files are php files set up from a template - see attached.  They are uploaded to the 'histories' folder in my TNG directory. 

A dropdown menu of histories might work.  I am using template 13 so my links are across the bottom of the screen.  Another option might be a dropdown menu on the bar at the top of the page.

Still, surprised there isn't a simple drag and drop sort method like there is in Albums.

Alan

History_Template.php

Newfloridian

I would create a 3- or 4- column additional section to match the links section at the bottom of the screen as an external file. Then include it either above or below the links section. That way you only have to edit or add to the external file each time you create a new history without interfering directly with index.php

Maybe not everyone's choice - but it works!!

Cheers Alan