TNG Community

Cannot add sources, spouses or children

Whez

I am not exactly sure how to phrase my question. 

I am unable to add a source, a spouse or children. When I try  half of the page becomes shaded and  I have no option to continue,

I am desperately in need of a solution because it is very frustrating to say the least.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A photo is attached of what is occurring.

TNG problem.JPG

Edited by Whez
more extensive problems

In an attempt to work out what your issue is:

1. adding a source is by selecting the right hand icon and then completing the details in the pop-up. (does your browser block pop-ups?)

2. adding a spouse - there should be the option further down that page to add new spouse/partner - again it opens a page to add new family so pop-up blocker may apply here too.

3. After save and continue of the page from 2 above there's an option to add children.

It would be helpful to have a url of your site and if you rrestrict access then perhaps a guest logon to see what the issue is.

It looks like it's trying to display an overlay input box, and that the input box is missing. It should look like this if for example you're trying to add a Source to a person when you have the Edit Person screen open.

image.png

If you maximise the browser window do you see such a box, or the edges of such a box? This box is called "LB_window", and is defined in the file css/genstyle.css and js/litbox.js

You might try uploading new fresh copies of those files to your site to see if that changes anything

Roger