TNG Community
Paul McKnight

Thumbs for People browse

Paul McKnight

Happy New Year! Maybe this is here and I haven't found the switch but here goes. In Admin (Main Menu) Media, the thumb appears for all media (if you have assigned it). Can the same be done for Admin (Main Menu) People? So every people line would have a thumb. It would make it so much easier to identify the names that need some work.  Thanks

Ken Roy
6 hours ago, Paul McKnight said:

Can the same be done for Admin (Main Menu) People? So every people line would have a thumb

In Admin > Setup > General Settings > Media section, I think you can change the Use default thumbnails: option to Yes to get a default Male or Female default picture.  Is that what you are looking for?

Paul McKnight

I believe that only affects the Media section. I guess what I'm looking for is a column of thumbs in People which shows whatever the default is. 

Ken Roy

Paul,

Did you try it?  If you change the default value for Use default thumbnails it displays a default blue background image with a male head as the default photo for males and a default pink image with a female head as the default photo on the Individual (getperson.php) page and some of the charts.

If that is not what you are looking for, then I do not understand your request.

Paul McKnight

Yes I made the change and see the default blue and pink heads on the individual person. What I was hoping that this would create a thumb column in Administration, People perhaps between Select and ID. I have a feeling that requires code change. I've attached a mock up so you can get a better idea of what I'm hoping for.  Thanks for your assistance.

Thumb Column.jpg

Scott_Pryer

Is your primary objective to identify people that don't have a linked pictures, or default picture?

Paul McKnight

Yes, exactly. The default picture is either (a) a person, (b) the headstone or (c) a blank headstone which indicates to me I have confirmed the burial and working on getting the actual one. If the default is blank it indicates that work still needs to be done. 

Scott_Pryer

Paul, 

As an option you can run this report in admin/reports.  It should list Person ID, first name, last name of all persons without a linked/default photo.

Paste this statement into the text box at the bottom of the report screen mentioned above.

SELECT tng_people.personID, firstname, lastname, tng_medialinks.defphoto FROM tng_people left outer join tng_medialinks on tng_medialinks.personID=tng_people.personID where defphoto<>1

Paul McKnight

Scott, thanks for this. I really need to get my head around SQL. I did as you suggested but it's not doing as expected. I'm seeing "tons" of names that have a default picture and I'm seeing them listed more than once. In fact I'm seeing me on this list. I've attached the .csv file. I notice that in your response it shows version 12.0.3 while I'm on 12.2 if that helps. 

people-browse.csv

Scott_Pryer

Maybe this is a cleaner approach.  This would list all people that don't have a medialink that is used as the default photo (defphoto=1)

SELECT tng_people.personID, firstname, lastname FROM tng_people where personID not in (select personID from tng_medialinks where tng_medialinks.defphoto=1) order by tng_people.personID 

Paul McKnight

We're close. I think the script does as expected but clicking on a person results in this error:

Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Paul McKnight

I'm back and looking for some modification to this report request. I'd like to see if I can get a Headstone Report based on Status "not" yet located. Just need to have the individual's name, ID, and cemetery exported to a .csv file. Can that be done? Thanks

MichaelM

Hello Paul,

here is a remark to thumbs:

I've created a standard report like this:

image.png

image.png

and got as a result following:

image.png

Maybe the trick is, that i used "Full Name"   in the Query.

The SQL-Statement shown in the result page is:

SQL: SELECT tng_people.living, tng_people.private, lnprefix, prefix, suffix, tng_people.branch,firstname, lastname,birthdate,birthplace,deathdate, tng_people.personID, tng_people.gedcom, nameorder FROM (tng_people ) WHERE tng_people.gedcom = "M1" ORDER BY birthdatetr

I suppose, the thumbnails are added by TNG implicitely,  if I  use "Full Name" in the query...

I hope this helps...

Paul McKnight

Michael, that's perfect. Much appreciated.

MichaelM

This seems to be an undocumented feature of TNG.

I found it more or less by accident.