TNG Community
Sign in to follow this  
slowjim

Login problem

slowjim

There seems to be an anomaly concerning logging in on my website.

If your browser automatically logs you in - or - you log in at the home page there is no problem. It works perfectly. If you try to log in while you are anywhere else on the site - such as an individual ancestor's page, then it hangs up and shows a blank page. The url says it is hung at processlogin.php. However, if you hit the browser's back button it will go back to where you were and it will show you logged in. The same thing happens whether you are using Firefox, Chrome, or Opera. When using Edge, it just jumps back to the Home page and shows you logged in. This is not the way it is supposed to work.

I am using TNG ver 12.2. This problem did not exist before I upgraded. Perhaps I did something wrong setting it up. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

James Brown

https://thebrownfamilytree.info/

pipsi

I have the same "problem" since I implemented the Sosa mod TNG V 12.0.2

Ken Roy

What version of PHP are you running?  Is a PHP error or warning being issued?

slowjim

Hi

Thanks for responding. I am running 7.1.14. My host provides either 5.4 or 7.0 or 7.1. Should I choose on of the others?

Also there are no error messages or warnings. Just a blank screen.

Ken Roy

James,,

You could try using PHP 5.4 and see if that resolves your issue.  Blank screens typically mean a syntax error some place.

slowjim

Hi Ken,

On the Setup >> Diagnostics page it says "PHP version: (TNG requires 5.6 or higher.)". Knowing that, do you still suggest I switch to 5.4? I switched to 7.0 and it did not change anything. 

Thanks James

pipsi
Am 27.12.2019 um 19:58 schrieb pipsi:

I have the same "problem" since I implemented the Sosa mod TNG V 12.0.2

I had this problem:

Michel recommended me to upgrade the PHP version, which I did, and as written, since then I have the same login problems as slowjim 

Ken Roy
9 hours ago, slowjim said:

On the Setup >> Diagnostics page it says "PHP version: (TNG requires 5.6 or higher.)". Knowing that, do you still suggest I switch to 5.4? I switched to 7.0 and it did not change anything. 

Sorry James,

That was a typo,  TNG 12 does require 5.6.   My host is using PHP 5.6.40, so no, do not switch to PHP 5.4.