TNG Community
Meetoura

Ahnentafel - only one generation.

Meetoura

Since I last updated TNG v12.2 an individual's ahnentafel on the Ancestors tab is only showing one generation.  I have looked in Chart Settings, but ahnentafel is not mentioned, niether is it in the Help page.

I am using Template 16.

Does anyone have a similar problem or a solution?

tngrlkrz

In Admin:Setup:Chart setting, under Pedigree Chart: you should find a drop down to pick ahnentafel chart generations:

image.png

Meetoura

Thanks for your reply tnglkrz.

I had forgotten that drop down option is available in Chart Settings.

Unfortunately, although I tried changing the number of generations, when I select the Ahnentafel tab on any individual's page there is only one generation displayed.

All the other charts work correctly, so I am thinking that the ahnentafel.php file might have become corrupted somehow.  I don't know how to check this though.

stores

I am still on v11.1.2 but i have the option to change the number of generations on the tab itself, far left...?

Clipboard01.jpg

Meetoura

Thanks Jim.  No difference if I use this method either, there is still only one generation displayed in the Ahnentafel.

Ken Roy

If I am not mistaken, the Ahnentafel report was changed in TNG 12.2.  Did you copy all the files from the upgrade to your hosting site?  including the language files

What PHP version are you running? 

Meetoura

Thanks for your reply Ken.

I'm running PHP v7.2. 

I'll check out those upgrade files, if the holiday festivities allow!

Meetoura

I have checked the update files and everything seems to be have been uploaded.  I tried uploading the ahnentafel.php file again, but that has not fixed the problem.

Rob Roy

I just upgraded and I get the following error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function printDate() in /homepages/40/d127839664/htdocs/roygen/reglib.php:127 Stack trace: #0 /homepages/40/d127839664/htdocs/roygen/ahnentafel.php(125): getVitalDates(Array, 1) #1 {main} thrown in /homepages/40/d127839664/htdocs/roygen/reglib.php on line 127

It occurs on all people I try.

Ken Roy

Rob,

The printDate function is in globallib.php so make sure you copied that file from the zip file upgrade extract to your hosting service.

Rob Roy

Well, darn.  Not sure why it didn't copy up, but that fixed the issue.  Thank you good sir.