TNG Community
John Paulding

Paulding Hart Family Tree

John Paulding

Paulding is paternal side and Hart is maternal.

It's a WordPress/TNG integration using the Kloosterman method. No real WordPress content yet. Just some filler stuff for visualizing things and making style changes.

I'm using the mahesh unified login plugin - https://tng.community/index.php?/forums/topic/14089-tng-worpress-login-widget-version-201/

I'm not using the login widget from the above plugin. I'm using a Popup Login plugin which gives me a Login link in the regular menu, which is visible on both WP and TNG, and once logged in, that link changes to Logout. This login/popup plugin has a signup/register form but I'm using the one from the mahesh plugin instead. I don't have a link registration visible on the site as it will be by invitation only. Most everything is visible except for Living and only family needs access to that. 

https://pauldingtree.com/

TNG menu is under Genealogy and there is gen data. 7,588 people but my sister, the genealogist of the family, has her big tree on webtrees which she prefers to build her tree with. That one has over 10k people.

Attached image is of Login Popup and when Capt Elisha Sampson's face pops up at you, it can be slightly startling. :)
I'll probably rotate that pic occasionally with other portraits.

loginpopup.png

Still many things to do. Write articles, create image galleries etc.(after I scan, edit and optimize over 1000 photographs) I'm going to load some different fonts too. Something not so crisp so that it looks a bit more like a newspaper. Not much can be done about the crisp clean borders as far as I know. I know there is such a thing as img border or border img in css but I haven't tried it yet. Looks tricky, especially with most tng pages being tables with some being created dynamically as far as cell sizes. If I can get the wp header and top menu borders replaced with images of slightly rough lines, I'd be happy.  

mahesh
2 hours ago, John Paulding said:

I'm not using the login widget from the above plugin. I'm using a Popup Login plugin which gives me a Login link in the regular menu, which is visible on both WP and TNG, and once logged in, that link changes to Logout. This login/popup plugin has a signup/register form but I'm using the one from the mahesh plugin instead. I don't have a link registration visible on the site as it will be by invitation only. Most everything is visible except for Living and only family needs access to that.

I am intrigued as to how you are using the plugin. It never occurred to me that it can be used that way.

Brilliant!!

Renze

I use the "Mod" from Mahesh. This works perfectly. How do I neatly arrange the login fields. Just like the image of topic starter? Attached is an example of how it is displayed on my website.

vrbld-01.jpg

mahesh
22 hours ago, Renze said:

I use the "Mod" from Mahesh. This works perfectly. How do I neatly arrange the login fields. Just like the image of topic starter? Attached is an example of how it is displayed on my website.

vrbld-01.jpg

Hi Renze,

Not very elegent but you may arrange the login fields by making some changes to the php file, login-to-wp.php

Keep a copy before you make any changes.

Comment out lines 88 and 94 by adding 2 forward slashes, as shown.

Line 88			
//$status1 = $loggedout_greeting. " - ". ("<label for='log'>Login</label><input placeholder='user name or email' type='text' id='". $args['id_username']. "' name='log'> - <input placeholder='password' type='password' id='". $args['id_password']. "' name='pwd'>");

Line 94
//$status5 = ("<input type='submit' id='". $args['id_submit']. "' class='button-primary' value='Log In' name='wp-submit'>");

copy and paste the following 2 lines, below line 88.

$status2 = ( $args['remember'] ? '<input name="rememberme" type="checkbox" id="' . esc_attr( $args['id_remember'] ) . '" value="forever"' . ( $args['value_remember'] ? ' checked="checked"' : '' ) . ' /> ' . esc_html( $args['label_remember'] ) . ' |</label>' : '' );

$status5 = "<br />". ("<input style='width: 100%; margin: 5px'' type='submit' id='". $args['id_submit']. "' class='button-primary' value='Log In' name='wp-submit'>");

I think this should give you what you want. I have removed the Login text. Please add that with your intro text in the text for Logged Out.

Please let me know how you get on.

login widget.jpg

Renze

Hi Mahesh

These lines do not appear in login-to-tng.php or do you mean login-to-wp.php?

mahesh
24 minutes ago, Renze said:

Hi Mahesh

These lines do not appear in login-to-tng.php or do you mean login-to-wp.php?

Ooops. My bad. Should not rush.

Yes, it should be login-to-wp.php. I have amended the post. Thank you.

Renze

I did what you said. But now the fields are gone.

//$status1 = $loggedout_greeting. " - ". ("<label for='log'>Login</label><input placeholder='user name or email' type='text' id='". $args['id_username']. "' name='log'> - <input placeholder='password' type='password' id='". $args['id_password']. "' name='pwd'>");
			$status2 = ( $args['remember'] ? '<input name="rememberme" type="checkbox" id="' . esc_attr( $args['id_remember'] ) . '" value="forever"' . ( $args['value_remember'] ? ' checked="checked"' : '' ) . ' /> ' . esc_html( $args['label_remember'] ) . ' |</label>' : '' );

$status3 =  ("<a href='$login_url?action=lostpassword' title='Lost Password' id='LostP'>". $lost_password. " |</a>");
			$status4 = ("<a href=". $register_page_url. ">  ". $reg_page_name. " </a>");
			$status5 = "<br />". ("<input style='width: 100%; margin: 5px'' type='submit' id='". $args['id_submit']. "' class='button-primary' value='Log In' name='wp-submit'>");
			//$status5 = ("<input type='submit' id='". $args['id_submit']. "' class='button-primary' value='Log In' name='wp-submit'>");

vrbld-02.jpg

mahesh
50 minutes ago, Renze said:

I did what you said. But now the fields are gone.

I am terribly sorry. Not my day.

I GAVE YOU WRONG LINE.

It was $status1 that had to be replaced. I gave you wrong line. I have amended the original post. Please replace one of the lines beginning with $status2 with the following. I have also slightly modified $status5 definition so that it lines up better.

$status1 = $loggedout_greeting. "<br />". ("<label for='log'></label><input style='width: 95%; margin: 4px'  placeholder='user name or email' type='text name='log'><input style='width: 95%; margin: 4px' placeholder='password' type='password' id='". $args['id_password']. "' name='pwd'>");

$status5 = "<br />". ("<input style='width: 100%; margin: 2px'' type='submit' id='". $args['id_submit']. "' class='button-primary' value='Log In' name='wp-submit'>");

Apologies again.

Renze

Mahesh no problem! :-) Thanks again for your help!

mahesh
2 hours ago, Renze said:

Mahesh no problem! :-) Thanks again for your help!

Just looked at your site. That seems to have worked.

Renze

Still the old version installed again. I cannot log in with the new version.

mahesh
1 hour ago, Renze said:

Still the old version installed again. I cannot log in with the new version.

All I can do is apologize. Because of my local server setup, I could not test it.. So below are the two lines. Please replace $status1 with the amended one. $status5 is unchanged.

Thank you for your patience.

$status1 = $loggedout_greeting. "<br />". ("<label for='log'></label><input style='width: 95%; margin: 4px'  placeholder='user name or email' type='text' id='". $args['id_username']. " 'name='log'><input style='width: 95%; margin: 4px' placeholder='password' type='password' id='". $args['id_password']. "' name='pwd'>");

$status5 = "<br />". ("<input style='width: 100%; margin: 2px'' type='submit' id='". $args['id_submit']. "' class='button-primary' value='Log In' name='wp-submit'>");

fluffy82

Hi @mahesh!

I finally had time to go back to investigating your login plugin and how to make it work with the one @John Paulding is using. And it now works! Love it!

But there's one thing you can help me with. I use the login popup from another app, but use your registration form to make sure when a new user applies, he creates a profile in both WP and TNG. The style (css) of the registration form is, of course, totally different from my website as it was made to fit in with yours, but worse: somehow it seems to override my own theme's css. Suddenly all my buttons on all WP pages changed font and turned purple.

So, I managed to make the necessary changes to the css file that's present in the plugin  (wp_tng_login.css). This goes for the buttons, the fill-out rectangles, the text etc.

But...

Some things I am not able to change. They are not in this css, nor are changes made in the css applied.
One example is the font (type, size, colour,...) of the heading. Your <h1> looks totally different than mine, and I want to change that.
Looking at the inspect page, I see your <h1> refers to a file called _type.scss but I can't seem to find that anywhere... Anyway, it doesn't give specific sizes or colours, but merely a variable, like $h1-font-size. I have no idea what that refers to.

In short: do you have any idea how to change the <h1> (and others) css?
To illustrate, "Registratie" is the h1 output in your registration page, "Contact" is the h1 output on the rest of my website (and what I eventually want your registration form to look like).

Regards,
Tom

Contact.PNG

Registration.PNG

Renze
1 hour ago, mahesh said:

All I can do is apologize. Because of my local server setup, I could not test it.. So below are the two lines. Please replace $status1 with the amended one. $status5 is unchanged.

Thank you for your patience.

$status1 = $loggedout_greeting. "<br />". ("<label for='log'></label><input style='width: 95%; margin: 4px'  placeholder='user name or email' type='text' id='". $args['id_username']. " 'name='log'><input style='width: 95%; margin: 4px' placeholder='password' type='password' id='". $args['id_password']. "' name='pwd'>");

No problem Mahesh. I'm glad you help!

The problem is solved. Thanks for your quick actions!

mahesh
2 hours ago, fluffy82 said:

Hi @mahesh!

I finally had time to go back to investigating your login plugin and how to make it work with the one @John Paulding is using. And it now works! Love it!

To illustrate, "Registratie" is the h1 output in your registration page, "Contact" is the h1 output on the rest of my website (and what I eventually want your registration form to look like).

Regards,
Tom

Hi Tom,

I am pleased you have managed to get the plugin to work as you wanted.

I am a bit confused about css for  New Registration header. I donot use <h1> tag. The font  would be the default font. Only place I specify font is for the login and password entry.

CSS for the registration form are under  /** reg forms ***/ - line 20

The titles for all forms in the plugin are specified by class = regtitle and table sections by class =regsections. On file these start at line 20.

I hope tht helps.