TNG Community
Sign in to follow this  
Rob van Rij

Create Gendex hangs

Rob van Rij

I'm experiencing a weird situation with the secondary processes (sort children, spouses, create gendex).

I can run a gendex of a small tree (~34.000 people) but on a second tree (~ 400.000 people) the gendex creation seem to stop after 120.000 and no error or further screen activity is happening.

I checked various resource limits and timeout variables but cannot solve the problem. Does anyone have a suggestion what could be the root cause?

kind regards,

Rob

Rob van Rij

I have done some additional investigation on my hanging gendex problem and found the following....

I added 2 echo commands in the admin_secondary file where it executes the query for the gendex creation.
When I create a gendex for T002 (~16000 persons) no problem but when I generate gendex for T001 (~380.000) persons the 'End Query' never is shown which tells me that the query never throws the result. However when I run the query directly in phpmyadmin on the database it completes immediately Showing rows 0 - 24 (388849 total, Query took 0.0002 seconds.)

Query is ok but this must have something today with a server setting! Any suggestions?

}
echo "<strong>Start Query</br></strong> ";
$query = "SELECT personID, firstname, lnprefix, lastname, living, private, birthdate, birthplace, altbirthdate, altbirthplace, deathdate, deathplace, burialdate, burialplace, gedcom FROM $people_table $wherestr ORDER BY lastname, firstname";
$result = tng_query($query);
echo "<strong>End Query</br></strong> ";

Rob van Rij

Problem solved. I had to increase the PHP memory allocation on my server. The gendex creation now runs smoothly.