TNG Community
fluffy82

SOLVED - No more pop-ups

fluffy82

I have always had the Family Preview Mod installed, and never had any trouble.

Today, however, I noticed the pop-ups don't show anymore. I tried to uninstall and re-install the mod, I uploaded a fresh virgin copy of the getperson.php, uninstalled the latest MODs I added, but nothing worked. The MOD can be installed and is green in the MOD manager.

Any ideas?

Chris Lloyd

A lot of new browser versions are automatically blocking pop-ups

tngrlkrz

Obviously, I assume you've cleared browser cache and tried other browsers besides the one you used (which one?).

fluffy82
2 hours ago, Chris Lloyd said:

A lot of new browser versions are automatically blocking pop-ups

Aaaah didn't think of that. Firefox did update earlier this week and I think Chrome too...

fluffy82
1 hour ago, tngrlkrz said:

Obviously, I assume you've cleared browser cache and tried other browsers besides the one you used (which one?).

I used Firefox on my own computer and Chrome on my work laptop. Both don't work. But I'll check the popup settings of my browsers.

tngrlkrz
2 hours ago, fluffy82 said:

Firefox did update earlier this week and I think Chrome too..

I use latest Firefox (yesterday) v.71.0, and no issues with popups, but suppose could be  some setting.  Also latest Chrome as well, and Chrome OS on Chromebook as well.  I use all the popup previews and would sorely miss them.  Hope you find the issue and that it's not the browsers.

fluffy82

I'm silly. It can't be the browser, as the media still show pop-ups. There must be something else happening...

I uninstalled all my other mods, downloaded and installed a clean version of both the getperson.php and the mod, but even then it doesn't work... 😢
Very strange, as I didn't change a thing. It just stopped working from one day to another...

fluffy82

Next update: by accident, I discovered that the pop-ups do show (on Chrome anyway, I will test is on Firefox later). The problem is that they show at the very bottom of the screen, below the footer even, and only those pop-ups that are big enough show a visible border. In most person profiles, I can't see this happening because the event map is too big and when there's a person link visible to hover over, the bottom of the screen isn't visible and vice versa. It is, however, apparent on persons without places and thus without maps. To test, I took a person with map and hid it. Same result: the pop-ups appear at the bottom of the page.

The problem must be with the z-index and the fixed position of the popup. Though I never touched any of thosen and it suddenly stopped working out of the blue, I'll start playing around with it to try make it visible again.

fluffy82

UPDATE: I found out that for some reason, there is a top displacement of hundreds of px in each pop-up. It's calculated, as the number is different in each pop-up and the numbers aren't round. It probably depends on the size of the popup: the larger it is, the higher up it appears (and the smaller the top displacement).

I now coded a top displacement of 10px for all #pup and #ppup elements (just added "top:10px !important;" to each in my custom css). I wonder where the 900px and more came from...