TNG Community
etysne

Map pin issues

etysne

Some strange things happens.

When I look on a persons event map, some or all pins does not show.  If I hide, and then unhide map, some more shows up, see attached picture

I have fiddled around with my mods, Google Map 15 and Mobile Individual person map, but I cant see any diffirecene.

I also wonder where to change the colored pin. As for no, its 215.png located in google_maps_15 folder, inside mods folder. How to change this image, witch ie php file can contain this setting.

Skjermbilde 2019-12-06 kl. 12.13.23.png

theKiwi

Are you expecting all the pins to be grey coloured?

The colours to be used by different levels of pins is defined in the file mapconfig.php - the Mod that changes the number of levels to 15 writes a list there of what pin colours to use for the different levels.

Roger

etysne

Hi Roger

Yes, all my pins are grey. I`ve seen through the mapconfig.php file as you mentioned, but it seems to be settings for different levels. So something has to be odd with my levels, I guess. Where to set amount of level? Cannot find anything inside mod manager related to levels.

But what causing some of the pins inside map, to not connect to this image, see picture. Is these things related?

Edvard

theKiwi

The map levels for a place are set in TNG Admin ------> Places ------> edit a place.

If no levels are set, then the pins should be pink.

Since your pins are grey, you must have changed something about the pins in the mapconfig.php to set Gray to be the colour for no level set.

For why they don't all show up - this must be happening because the page isn't loading completely - how many pins are in the list on the right - it shows 9, but it looks like on the map one is numbered 16 - maybe there's too many for the server to calculate them all? Do all the pins on the right show up with the numbers, or are some of them missing too?

Roger

etysne

There it is. None of my places are set.  When I edit a place and set the level, it turns to a colour corresponding to this level. Thanks, I have a job to do.

Is it possible to batch edit these things, or one by one

I will post a new post when I have sorted this out. Levels could be the answer as well 

Thanks Roger 

Edvard

etysne

Seems like all levels are back in place and working.
On the specific person there is 23 events, so it might be correct that the server cannot calculate all and therefor showing some pins not linking correctly

Thanks for help

Edvard

etysne

There are still some issue with pins not linking to correct image, and shows like a question mark, even on a person with a small amount of event.

When I close the map, and open it again, the pins shows correct.

If I change to english language, the option for hide and show map is not visible, and several of the event not showing at all on my map.

When I change back to norwegian language, hide/show map is visible again

Edvard

theKiwi

Can you post a guest login to be able to see this, or send me an eMail to rogerkiwi@aol.com with a login and a link to the page with 23 pins so I can see it please.

Roger

etysne

SOLVED by Hosting company

The problem was that the same image was requested from the server 2 or more times in succession and a security mechanism to avoid DDOS on the server failed, rejecting connection attempt # 2.