TNG Community
Shukataan

Trouble with thumbnails.

Shukataan

Hello,

I am new to the forum and I have TNG v. 12.2. I am using the mod "Admin Thumbnails" 12.0.0.4a. I am using Wamp Version 3.1.9 - 64bit on my laptop.  I installed Admin Thumbnails because I was having problems with making thumbnails for many of images. I had originally the setting for max image size for thumbnails at 2000, I have now set it to 10000. The reason I have done this is because I was and still have problems generating thumbnails.

All my media is from Ancestry.com, I downloaded the gedcom from the tree I wanted from the most updated Family Tree Maker 2017. I transferred all my media from Family tree maker 2017 to the Wamp>TNG>www>photos folder. Each picture can be viewed on a mouse over with the dead link thumbnail icon on the admin media folder. Some of the thumbnails have showed up aside for maybe 30+ images out of 399. I have used ADMIN Thumbnails mod to try to regenerate the thumbnails repeatedly and nothing has worked. I tick the Regenerate existing thumbnails box and Regenerate thumbnail path names where file does not exist. I have even tried both at the same time. No luck...

Any suggestions? 

Thank You

Chris Lloyd

I generate my thumbnails using 3rd party software and then upload them at the same time as the upload of the image. Never seem to have any issues....

Shukataan
2 minutes ago, Chris Lloyd said:

I generate my thumbnails using 3rd party software and then upload them at the same time as the upload of the image. Never seem to have any issues....

Any suggestions on which 3rd party software can do the trick?

Chris Lloyd

The words "3rd party" are a link to the free software

Shukataan
Just now, Chris Lloyd said:

The words "3rd party" are a link to the free software

Thank you

Shukataan
19 minutes ago, Chris Lloyd said:

Uninstalled the mod and used your method. Success! 

Chris Lloyd

Glad to help ...