TNG Community
Sign in to follow this  
Paul Richard

Default language - multilingual website

Paul Richard

I currently have a website for our association that is bilingual (french and english).  All of my pages, blogs, menus etc are in both languages.    In my main menu at the top of the screen, I have a language switcher with the option French or English.  If the user is on a french page and uses the Language Switcher to English, the whole website changes to English (Main menu, footer, page content). 

I am in the process of integrating TNG on my website using the Kloosterman method.  I have not yet published the page to the public but the integration is working perfectly and uses my web page designs.   The only issue is the language that TNG will present the screens in.  I have set up both French and English on my TNG setup, but is there a way that when you go to the TNG page, it would automatically open on the language that was already chosen by the user with the Language Switcher on the main menu.  Ex:  If the user is on any page in French, when he clicks on my link to go to the TNG page, it would automatically open in French and if he uses the Language switcher to change to English, it would refresh automatically like the rest of the pages.

Thanks

Ken Roy

That sounds like a WordPress integration issue.  TNG automatically display the site in the language selected by the user using a session cookie.

I know nothing about WP so I cannot tell you how to accomplish what you are asking for, but somehow the WP language setting if that is where you are switching languages will need to get passed to TNG so it uses the same language.  You would also need to define the appropriate language in TNG.  See Setup - Language