TNG Community
mahesh

TNG-Worpress Login Widget version 2.0.1 (V2.0.2 now released)

mahesh
9 minutes ago, cfj said:

Edit file doesn't work, if I have your plugin activated.

Ohh. OK. I will have a look.

mahesh
6 hours ago, cfj said:

On my test site I tried to make some changes in my footer file (WP theme) to test your plugin with Modal.

Edit file doesn't work, if I have your plugin activated.

Sheesh...

You are absolutely correct. I was not aware of the issue as I never edited using WP editor.

With wp-tng-login plugin activated, ACTIVE files cannot be edited. Deactivated plugins and themes can edited and saved.
I think I know where this happens but not sure if I have correct fix for  it!!

I will speak to my mentor (my Son) when I next see him to confirm the fix.

My apologies, CFJ, for misunderstanding the issue.

John Paulding
17 hours ago, mahesh said:

Unfortunately, in WP (since version 4, I think)  a user is created and does not require approval.

A user should have been created in TNG. TNG requires that a new user is approved ( * next to Review)

There are some membership plugins that make it so new users need to be approved so there is a way. Those membership plugins also create their own user roles so maybe that has something to do with it.

It did create new users in tng. It just took longer than I expected. I had an admin notification of it this morning for Important Tasks at the top of admin home page.

mahesh
29 minutes ago, John Paulding said:

There are some membership plugins that make it so new users need to be approved so there is a way. Those membership plugins also create their own user roles so maybe that has something to do with it.

It did create new users in tng. It just took longer than I expected. I had an admin notification of it this morning for Important Tasks at the top of admin home page.

I am glad that worked. Thanks for letting me know.

I use 2 plugins to control user experience.

1 - Menu visibility Control allows me to have public, contributor and admin menu items.

2 - Restrict Content by Role Restrict users with certain User Roles from accessing certain pieces of content.

As you say there are quite a few plugins that meet these needs.

mahesh
On 12/19/2019 at 10:33 PM, fluffy82 said:

The "previously declared" is because of the old plugin still being activated. Desactivating that, makes it worse. The fatal error becomes:

Notice: Undefined variable: autor_id in /var/www/vhosts/huygens-vandemoortel-ancestry.be/httpdocs/wp-content/plugins/tng-wp-login-2.0.1/insert_wp_pages.php on line 24

Notice: Undefined variable: author_id in /var/www/vhosts/huygens-vandemoortel-ancestry.be/httpdocs/wp-content/plugins/tng-wp-login-2.0.1/insert_wp_pages.php on line 6

Any ideas on how to dolve this? I know the very basics of php, css and html, but this is a bit over my head :)

This was due to my careless in using copy-n-paste. Sorry.

I have updated file insert_wp_pages.php.

On 12/23/2019 at 8:37 AM, cfj said:

I can't edit any template file in WP backend. Only If I deactivate the plugin..

I stared at the code for a whole day, gave up, and then asked my son, Neel. He looked at the code for 2 minutes flat and had the solution in the file login-to-tng.php

I have released versio 2.0.2  with following fixes of the issues.

- fix 'undeclared variable' notice
  - fix conflict with some plugins with consent confirmation
  - fix typo(s) when new pages are gnerated.
  - fix conflict with Wordpress editor when editing active files

Hope that works for you.

Wishing you all very happy, bugfree new year.