TNG Community
fluffy82

Display Jobs Fact

fluffy82

Another question for @mkoche :)

I am looking into the Display Jobs Facts as I want to try and use the extended statistics too. I like the way how occupations would be grouped into "job types".

You say that the mod is using the existing occupation event, and that when one would uninstall the mod, all information would be saved into the occupation as "job type - job ...description".
But does that work in the other direction as well? Meaning: if I put for example "Clergy - vicar ...at the parish church of Claypole" as an occupation in my desktop app, and import it into TNG through gedcom, will it recognise Clergy as job type etc?

I could test it, but my tree is huge and preparing and uploading a gedcom takes several hours (!) so I want to avoid doing that just for a test only to redo it in case it doesn't work...

Thanks for any hints!

Guernman20

I am trying to use this mod and I have successfully loaded it to my database, via Mod Manager.

I can see the the new 'Add Job' button on the individual edit screen.

Unfortunately when this new button is pressed the pop-up screen doesn't appear. (The add 'new event' button still works ok)

Any help woulld be appreciated

Peter

Version 12.1 & template 15

mkoche
On 11/4/2019 at 6:11 AM, fluffy82 said:

Another question for @mkoche :)

I am looking into the Display Jobs Facts as I want to try and use the extended statistics too. I like the way how occupations would be grouped into "job types".

You say that the mod is using the existing occupation event, and that when one would uninstall the mod, all information would be saved into the occupation as "job type - job ...description".
But does that work in the other direction as well? Meaning: if I put for example "Clergy - vicar ...at the parish church of Claypole" as an occupation in my desktop app, and import it into TNG through gedcom, will it recognise Clergy as job type etc? 

I could test it, but my tree is huge and preparing and uploading a gedcom takes several hours (!) so I want to avoid doing that just for a test only to redo it in case it doesn't work...

Thanks for any hints!

In principle, it should work just fine. As long as you follow the same framework.  The mod just uses the notes field and searches for that information at the start of the note.  As long as you use exactly the same form... I don't see any issue.  Of course, if you vary it slightly, it won't work.

fluffy82

Aaaaaah gotcha. I tried it and failed, but that's because in FTM the job would go in the description field. I'll try putting it in the notes. Thanks!

Raewyn

I installed this mod into Version 12.2 - only other mod I have installed is OpenStreetMaps. The mod appears to have Installed fine, or so I thought. I visited a people page and it displayed an error including person's ID and little else. I neglected to get the error details but it was saying something about person's id (that I was  supposed to be looking at) and the tree and something in line 1, so not sure what the issue was, but uninstalled it and everything else is back to normal.