TNG Community

SOSA Mod Conflicts

lastejas

Note this is really directed to Michel Kirsch

Just tried to install Sosa v12.0.2.6 and I get a couple of conflicts with other Mod.

Firstly: if the "Insert Children Gender" mod is installed, then Sosa gives a "cannot install" error and shows the following is shown:-

line 469: %target:getperson.php% verified
line 471: %location:% #1 not installed
line 496: %location:% #2 not installed
line 516: %location:% #3 not installed
line 531: %location:% #4 not installed
line 546: %location:% #5 not installed
line 561: %location:% #6 not unique
line 576: %location:% #7 not installed

This can be got around by uninstalling "Insert Children Gender" mod before installing Sosa and then reinstall the "Insert Children Gender" mod.

I also tried this with older versions of Sosa (ie. v12.0.2.5 and v12.0.2.4) with the same results.

Secondly: I get "partial install" in the "option person row" mod after Sosa is installed with the following shown

line 90: %target:getperson.php% verified
line 92: %location:% #1 Bad target

after using the "Clean up" link it then shows "cannot install"

Again I tried Sosa v12.0.2.5 and v12.0.2.4 and got the same problem with v12.0.2.5 but not with v12.0.2.4

Maybe you could look at both these problems and see if there are solutions.

Cheers
Rick

Michel KIRSCH

Rick,

thanks for the return.

You and I known that it is not possible to test a mod with ALL the others mods...

I will charge those two mods ant try to eliminate the troubles.

Hoping that it makes not another troubles with anothers mods...

Michel

Michel KIRSCH

For what concern the "Insert Children Gender" mod , the code in the cfg file is using a "replace" of the original code

The unique location "                    $childname = getName( $child );u becomes a twice location so the others mods can not install.

I think it is not a good practice for mods developpers

Actual code from the mod :

$precede = "True";
        if ($precede=="False"){
                    $childname = getName( $child );
                    $childname= getGenderIcon($child['sex'], -2)." ".$childname;
                                               $kidspc="";
                                               if ($kidcount < 10) {$kidspc="0";};
        }
        else {
                    $childname= getGenderIcon($child['sex'], -2)." ".$childname;
                                               $kidspc="";
                                               if ($kidcount < 10) {$kidspc="&nbsp;&nbsp;";};
        }

May I suggest this code which makes the location staying unique, avoid redundancy and simplify the code ?

$childname = getGenderIcon($child['sex'], -2) . " " . $childname;
        $kidspc = "";
        $precede = "True";
        if ($precede == "False")
                 $var_kidspc="0";
        else
                $var_kidspc="&nbsp;&nbsp";

if ($kidcount < 10) $kidspc=$var_kidpc;

Code was tested and the cfg file is in attach.

I don't know Brett and if you can contact him... Thank you.

Michel

insert_children_gender_v10.1.3.0-MichelKirsch.cfg

Michel KIRSCH

...I would like to point out that it is not possible to take the  "Insert Children Gender" mod into account

to modify the installation mode of sosa. If this mod is not installed, sosa could not install either.

Michel (looking for the next problem)

Michel KIRSCH

For the second mod, it is not so simple: "sosa" and "optional person row" having the (partially) same location to install.

"Sosa" to put the sosa number just after the name of the concerned person and "person row" to modify all the code to work.

If "sosa" is installed first, "person row" can not install

If "person row" is installed first, "sosa" changes again the modified code. "person row" do not retrieve his modifications and becomes partially installed.

But they can work as is...

Will study the question.

We have yet the problem with another mod in the past...

Michel KIRSCH

OK solved.

I change the insert place of sosa. The sosa number will take place after the name

and after the surname if present.

I send you a sosa version 6a1 to solve immediately your problem. It works with the same files as sosa 6a (six alpha)

downloadable on the sosa wiki page.

This modification will take place in the next version sosa 6b of te mod...

Michel

sosa_mod_v12.0.2.6a1.cfg

Michel,

Sosa v12.0.2.6a zip is not downloadable from the TNG Wiki.  It downloads v12.0.2.6

Michel KIRSCH

Yes, I don't change the name of thezip  file, just the title on the wiki. But the zip contains well the version 6a.

38 minutes ago, Michel KIRSCH said:

Yes, I don't change the name of thezip  file, just the title on the wiki. But the zip contains well the version 6a.

Well that makes things aweful confusing...

The Sosa mod posted above

2 hours ago, Michel KIRSCH said:

sosa_mod_v12.0.2.6a1.cfg

returns a Cannot Install status. 

line 2003: %copyfile: tng_sosa.php  source missing
Source: roy_mods/sosa_6a/tng_sosa.php 

when I download the zip file you claim you did not rename, WinZIp extract wants to overlay the existing files.

The Mod Manager screen does not show a Sosa V6 mod that can be installed.

Well, I do not know what happened.  Initially v12.0.2.6a showed as Cannot Install with the missing source folder error.  Now after extracting the v12.0.2.6 zip file that contains v12.0.2.6a cfg and folder,  the v12.0.2.6a mod shows twice - once as sosa_mod_v12.0.2.6a.cfg and once as sosa_mod_v12.0.2.6a(2).cfg  

However, after installing the new mod version, I now get the following errors.  So the code must no longer use the $extspath variable that allows for the extensions folder to be renamed

( ! ) Warning: include_once(extensions/sosa_vars.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\wamp64\www\tng\genlib.php on line 1193
Call Stack
# Time Memory Function Location
1 0.0004 425512 {main}( ) ...\getperson.php:0
2 0.0885 771032 tng_header( ) ...\getperson.php:255
3 0.0899 800184 tng_icons( ) ...\genlib.php:241

( ! ) Warning: include_once(): Failed opening 'extensions/sosa_vars.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php\pear') in D:\wamp64\www\tng\genlib.php on line 1193
Call Stack
# Time Memory Function Location
1 0.0004 425512 {main}( ) ...\getperson.php:0
2 0.0885 771032 tng_header( ) ...\getperson.php:255
3 0.0899 800184 tng_icons( ) ...\genlib.php:241

The Sosa mod is likely OK.  I changed the subroot.php to what was provided in TNG 12.2 and as a result lost my config.php settings that were in a config path.   Sorry about the false alarm

7 minutes ago, Ken Roy said:

However, after installing the new mod version, I now get the following errors.  So the code must no longer use the $extspath variable that allows for the extensions folder to be renamed

which was a self induced problem, trying to figure out why I am getting a PHP Fatal error in my new template that is not occurring in the module shown.  The PHP developers changed the error handling in PHP 7 which sometimes makes it really difficult to know where a fatal error is coming from.

8 hours ago, Michel KIRSCH said:

I don't know Brett and if you can contact him... Thank you.

I will update Mod file on the Wiki in the next day or so Michel.

5 hours ago, Ken Roy said:

Well that makes things aweful confusing

Agreed. This has been occurring for some time and has been difficult to keep as up to date with the current Mods.

Michel KIRSCH

Sorry for the confusing.

I will load the v6b with new modifs in the next hours.

Michel

Michel

Thanks for all the hard work you have put into this mod its much appreciated. I have now downloaded the latest version (6b) and everything works fine with the "optional person row" Mod.

I'm a little confused with your comments:-

..I would like to point out that it is not possible to take the  "Insert Children Gender" mod into account

to modify the installation mode of sosa. If this mod is not installed, sosa could not install either.

Does this mean that these two Mod cannot be used together? or does it mean you cannot modify the Sosa cfg to get around the problem so i need to use your modified version of Brett's cfg?

One other item, but nothing to do with these problems.

I use template 12 and under normal circumstances the home page does not show the "Print"," Bookmark"  etc links, but when you install Sosa and use the reduced menu it shows up on the "home page" see below

Capture.JPG

is there anyway this can be removed just like the others are in template 12 on the home page?

thanks

Michel KIRSCH

Hi Rick,

sorry my english is not always good enough to gives a good idea of what I think.. :-)

I mean : I cannot modify the Sosa cfg to get around the problem so you need to use the modified version of Brett's cfg .. (excellent copy/paste, no? )

with the modified version of Brett's cfg, the 2 mods works fine together...

Using reduced menu.

Normally, the sosa menu creates a custom menu. If a custom menu exists yet, the sosa menu comes at the end of this menu. (with or without the sosa version on it)
If your custom menu have yet many options, you can use the reduced menu to win 4 or 5 places in your custom menu...

But you must have a sosa menu...

Set the option " Show full sosa menu" to "Yes" and the sosa menu will comes with your custom menu (the Help menu in your case?) 

Will try to load the template 12 to see what's append.

Michel

Michel,

Your English is very good, if I tried to use French you'd think I came from another Planet.

I want to just use the reduced menu version, so hence the problem on the Home Page. It's fine on all the other pages as you can see below

Capture.JPG

Cheers

Rick

2 hours ago, lastejas said:

i need to use your modified version of Brett's cfg?

Rick

The updated version of the Insert Children Gender mod will be on the Wiki some time today.

Michel KIRSCH
2 hours ago, lastejas said:

Michel,

Your English is very good, if I tried to use French you'd think I came from another Planet.

I want to just use the reduced menu version, so hence the problem on the Home Page. It's fine on all the other pages as you can see below 

Capture.JPG

Cheers

Rick

OK Rick. I understand what you want...

Will see what I can do...

Michel

Michel KIRSCH

OK Rick,

would you try this one?

If OK, it will be integrated in a next version of sosa.

Uninstall the v6b (don't delete the sosa_6b sub-folder)

copy and install this cfg file.

Say me if it's OK

Michel

sosa_mod_v12.0.2.6b1.cfg