TNG Community
fluffy82

SOLVED - Media on person page

fluffy82

Upon recommendation, I repeat my question in the "New Ideas and Suggestions" section.

I had been using a mod that I liked very much, but which hasn't been (and won't be) updated since TNG V11. The mod was Compact Person Media, and has now supposedly been replaced by the collapsible items native to TNG. In my eyes, however, the results of the latter are far from satisfactory.

The only thing which is now possible, is to hide (collapse) all media so none are visible on the person page. When clicking on show media, they become visible on a one per row basis, including titles and descriptions.

The mod allowed you to:

• either show the title OR the description OR both OR none [I choose to show the description, but not the title of the photo]
  • when there is no title nor description, the media are displayed several on one row [this seems to be an option within TNG, but it doesn't work, it still gives media one per row but stuck together]

I would love to see either the mod working properly again, or TNG pick up on the extra functionality. Showing no media at all on the person page is really not an option for me, but showing them all one below the other isn't either...

Ken Roy
2 minutes ago, fluffy82 said:

The mod was Compact Person Media, and has now supposedly been replaced by the collapsible items native to TNG. In my eyes, however, the results of the latter are far from satisfactory.

TNG implemented in the Setup > General Settings > Media section an option to Show photos on one row: the Compact Person Media mod used to compact all media collections not just photos.

tngrlkrz

deleted since redundant; see later post.

fluffy82
39 minutes ago, Ken Roy said:

TNG implemented in the Setup > General Settings > Media section an option to Show photos on one row: the Compact Person Media mod used to compact all media collections not just photos.

The problem is they don't show on one row. They still show one below the other... I switched that option on and off but it didn't help.

tngrlkrz

There is another mod, Person_Media_Title , which might be worth looking at for relevance.   I have used it, along with single row option, to show or not show captions above all media.

This may be helpful.   I mispoke in earlier post; this mod enable most of what I wanted with some changes.

tngrlkrz
3 hours ago, fluffy82 said:

The problem is they don't show on one row. They still show one below the other... I switched that option on and off but it didn't help.

In TNG 12.x, it should work, unless some other mod is getting in the way.  

Edit Update:

What I usually do in such a situation is uninstall all mods, and then see if the TNG function works.  And of course if it does not, then it's install one mod at a time until you find the culprit.

tngrlkrz

After reviewing your posts regarding the out of date Compact Personal Media mod, the Person_Media_Title mod may not satisfy your requirements, since it doesn't display descriptions, only titles, I believe.  it also may not handle media attached to an event for one row handling. 

Ron

fluffy82

I found the source of the problem (though I do not know why it was a problem).

In my TNG setting, I had the option "show media in one row" set to YES. Once I switched that to NO, the mod worked properly again. With only one difference, but that's not an issue: it used to show the media with description on top, and the others below. Now it shows them vice versa. But that's not an issue.