TNG Community

Mod Manager Compare

Jan Bastiaanssen

Jan Bastiaanssen

I tried to install Mod Manager Compare on my productionsite TNG V12.2

It installs after changing Languages into languages in line 934 in the mod's cfg-file.

But then it cannot read the cfg-files.

On my localsite it runs perfectly.

Anyone idea's ??

Thanks,  Jan

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ken Roy

• Robin Richmond

• tngrlkrz

• Brett

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Jan, It would be helpful to be more specific then indicating the 'cfg-files cannot be read'. Do you have an 'OK to install', and if so, what precisely happens after install. Is it the 'Compare' tab that doesn't work? I see you're on TNG 11.1.1, you may be getting this error with mod mgr compare v 11.0.0.4 

Warning at line 1662: a table row from site1 is missing the required modline class:
<tr>

You can either contact the author, or consider upgrading to TNG 12.2, where mod mgr compare v 12.0.0.5c  installs and runs, at least on my sites.

Ron

Jan Bastiaanssen

Ron, thanks for responding.

I am running TNG  V12.2, and Mod Manager Compare V 12.0.0.5c both on my local Wamp-server and on my production-site with Simply Hosting.

installing MMC on my local site gave me no problems

Screenshot_1.jpg

I tried to install MMC on my productionsite,It installs after changing Languages into languages in line 934 in the MMC's cfg-file.

Screenshot_2.jpg

After running the compare-tab is this what i get and i cannot figure out where the problem is

The author, Robin Richmond, is not responding.

If needed i can give you full access to my productionsite.

Thanks, Jan

Jan

While not an answer to your difficulty, I have the same result as you on my TNG 12.2 site. No problem on the 12.1 site. No problems on Wampserver.

Brett

9 hours ago, Jan Bastiaanssen said:

Ron, thanks for responding.

I am running TNG  V12.2, and Mod Manager Compare V 12.0.0.5c both on my local Wamp-server and on my production-site with Simply Hosting.

installing MMC on my local site gave me no problems

Screenshot_1.jpg

I tried to install MMC on my productionsite,It installs after changing Languages into languages in line 934 in the MMC's cfg-file.

Screenshot_2.jpg

After running the compare-tab is this what i get and i cannot figure out where the problem is

The author, Robin Richmond, is not responding.

If needed i can give you full access to my productionsite.

Thanks, Jan

Jan,

Try changing your option to use a different option instead of the Cache Method : Fastest: Use the cache even if it has expired.

I have never been able to run the Mod Manager Compare, mainly because I do not always clean my mods folder and it would run out of memory. 

I was pleasantly surprised that it ran this morning using

Cache Method: Wiki data will be read from the Wiki server only if the local cache copy of an article is more than 5 weeks old

Of course the mod does not install on Linux environments because of the uppercase L in Languages.  I send that error to Robin back in early July

Jan Bastiaanssen

Whatever option i use,  the result stays exactly the same: 0 .cfg files seen; 0 mods matched.

I am out of possibilities.

Jan

On 10/22/2019 at 7:07 PM, Jan Bastiaanssen said:

It installs after changing Languages into languages in line 934 in the MMC's cfg-file

Jan

This was reported to Robin some months back but no Mod update.

Jan Bastiaanssen

Brett,

Your TNG 12.2 site is that an upgrade or full new 12.2 ??

My TNG 12.2 site is an upgraded version,  (and problems with MMC)

My local 12.2 is full new instalation (and no problems with MMC)

There could be some difference ?

Jan

Jan,

I doubt that it has anything to do with whether your site is an upgrade or a full install.  My production site is an upgrade and has been since TNG 5.0.4 when I initially installed TNG.  Until recently, the Mod Manager Compare never ran to completion because I had a couple hundred mod cfg files in the mods folder.

You could try posting the problem on the TNG user2list.  Ever once in a while Robin pipes up there.  I have not seen him on this forum in a long time

Jan Bastiaanssen

Ken, I emailed Robin directly about a week ago, untill now no reaction.

Probably he has other things to do.

17 hours ago, Jan Bastiaanssen said:

Brett,

Your TNG 12.2 site is that an upgrade or full new 12.2 ??

My TNG 12.2 site is an upgraded version,  (and problems with MMC)

My local 12.2 is full new instalation (and no problems with MMC)

Jan

Both local and live are new installs.

Jan

I have updated a site to TNG12.2 (rather than new install) and still the same issue, Mod Compare returns 0 .cfg files seen; 0 mods matched.

Tried PHP versions from 5.6.40 upwards with same result.

Robin Richmond

Sorry, Guys.  I was off line for a couple of weeks.  Right now, I'm finishing what I hope is the final testing of a TNGv12.2-compliant version of the Admin Media Search mod, and I expect to publish it in the next hour or two.

Then I'll jump on Mod Manager Compare.

I'm sorry also about the capital letter; I fixed it on test site when Ron told me about it, and I though that I had updated the published mod.

I asked Jan for a screen shot yesterday, but I see that he posted just what I needed last week. (Thanks)   Having seen those, I believe that I know what broke, and that it will be a quick fix, so maybe you'll hear back from me this afternoon.

- Robin

Robin,

While you are looking at Jan's problem, you may also want to look at why I get the following

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 136521585 bytes) in D:\wamp64\www\tng\rradmin_modcomparereport.php on line 1453

If there is a need to update the WampServer as distributed, it should be documented in the TNG Wiki article.

WampServer 3.19 is running on a Windows 10 Home using PHP 5.6.40

Mod Compare is using

Search Criteria:
Exclude Private mods
Cache Method: Wiki data will be read from the Wiki server only if the local cache copy of an article is more than 5 weeks old

Reading .cfg files on http://localhost/tng… 

Only trying to compare WampServer environment with the TNG Wiki and not with my production site.

Robin Richmond

Will do. I'm working on the first problem now.  But the program works fine for me on my Linux production server. 

Will someone having trouble with the program on your production Linux server let me know what your PHP version is?

My out-of-the-box version of WampServer is running 7.2, as is my production Linux server.  I need to reboot to get the dashboard icon back, and then I'll try to switch PHP version and see what happens.

- Robin 

2 hours ago, Robin Richmond said:

My out-of-the-box version of WampServer is running 7.2, as is my production Linux server.  I need to reboot to get the dashboard icon back, and then I'll try to switch PHP version and see what happens.

Robin,

I switched  my WampServer to PHP 7.2.14 and it immmediately returns, the following error

Warning: Use of undefined constant needupdate - assumed 'needupdate' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in D:\wamp64\www\tng\rradmin_modcomparereport.php on line 188

before it finally returns the Memory error

Edited - Line 188 is currently

if (!needupdate) $needupdate = 0;

It probably needs to be

if (!$needupdate) $needupdate = 0;

Robin,

After increasing the memory to use memory_limit = 256M on WampServer 3.19 running PHP 7.2.14, I now get

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in D:\wamp64\www\tng\rradmin_modcomparereport.php on line 394

and it returns

0 .cfg files seen; 0 mods matched

There are no matching mods to print

Which is very similar to what Jan originally reported in the above post

8 hours ago, Robin Richmond said:

let me know what your PHP version is?

Robin

Mod works on wampserver 3.1.7 using PHP 5.6.4 and above.

Mod does not work on my test site using Apache 2.4.4, PHP 7.2.7,  MySQL 10.3.18-MariaDB.

I have tried PHP 5.6.4 and above. Same result.

Admin access available if you need it.

Robin Richmond

Well, of course, Ken was on the nose with his notes about array references without proper subscripts.  I've cleaned all of that up, and the report seems to work fine.  In the new version of the mod, I intend to include a variant of the comparison report that was written by Ron for the specific purpose of serving as a "My Mods" report accessible from the Wiki.   This evening, I've parameterized  the  differences between the two programs and have put most of the report program code into an Include file shared by the two reports.  With the main program working, I think that I am almost through with my testing of the My Mods variant.  I'm heading to bed now, but you'll get something one way or another in the morning.

- Robin

Robin,

I am glad that my error messages helped you isolate the problem.  I will be glad to test your new version before you post it, since I can cause the problem to occur.  You have my email address.

Glad that you are also adding Ron's My Mods report options which might be helpful to others.

Robin,

Of course i would also be happy to  test the "Ron" variant .;-) Had no idea that was coming.

Ron 

Robin Richmond

Finally - here's Admin Compare Report version 12.0.0.6.

Thanks for the offers to test it.

It also installs my variant of Ron's variant of the report. I call it the "My Mods" report, and you can see it at www.robinrichmond.com/family10/rrmodcompare_mymods.php

I have to touch up the heading and Inner Menu of the "My Mods" report - I want it to look much like Ron's, which is at https://kmtrees.com/modlist_wiki?whichoptions=basic&searchwiki=1&cachelifetime=50&timeunit=weeks&cachemethod=3&statushilite=1&sortby=filename

The My Mods report does not have a kickoff form, but it will take querystring parameters, as you can see from the URL on Ron's site.

Hmmm - I see that Ron's variant displays just the filenames, and mine just does the Modnames.  I can fix that!- I'll just add a querystring parameter 

- Robin

p.s. In case you encounter it... I can't figure out why the .htaccess file at www.robinrichmond.com/family10 is loading the error page at www.robinrichmond.com/family/.  I plan to post a query on TNGUsers2 about that.

But what the heck - just in case ...

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(\w+)\.shtml$ /ft/$1.shtml [R,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*) /family10/index.php?page=error&error=404&url=$1 [R,L]

mod_manager_compare_v12.0.0.6.zip

Robin,

Zip file does not include all needed folders.  It shows

line 1066: %copyfile: rrmodcompare_form.php  source missing
Source: roy_mods/mod_manager_compare_v12.0.0.6/rrmodcompare_form.php 

9 hours ago, Robin Richmond said:

Hmmm - I see that Ron's variant displays just the filenames, and mine just does the Modnames.  I can fix that!- I'll just add a querystring parameter 

I guess the reason I chose to display filename instead of version is to have one column less since the mod version is generally in the filename, plus I have my '$' symbol there for indication of personal modifications to the mod.

Edit Update:

Another reason for using filenames  is a few of my modnames have a leading sequence number for those mods which are sequence install dependent.  This would mess up the alphabetic sort of the mods (for me).