TNG Community
Pops57

Mobile Site Enhamcements mod

Pops57

Hello;

I'm having trouble with the Mobile Site Enhancements mod. It's show "Cannot Install. Conflicts with Public Access Control. I did not have that PAC installed, so - I  uninstalled Mobile Site Enhancements, then installed the PAC, and re-installed the Mobile Site Enhancements mod. Still shows "Cannot Install", same PAC reference.

I'm trying to install this mod because my mobile site view, on iPhone, shows a full screen banner it appears above my home page. (see attached screen shot). This happened after I just upgraded my site with Darrin's recent c12.2 updates. So, perhaps I created this issue with that update, not sure.

-Mike

TNG v12.2, Template 9 at https://ellisofelkpark.commobile screenshot.jpg

Ken Roy

Mike,

What version of the Mobile Site Enhancements mod are you trying to install?   I do not use the Public Access Control mod, but I know I resolved the conflict between both mods.

Please indicate what version of each mod you are trying to use

Edited - If you were not using the Public Access Control mod, there should be no reason to install it..  Please expand the Status column for the mod and indicate what lines are showing an error

Pops57

Thank you Ken. The Mobile Site Enhancement mod is version 12.1.0.5a.

I'm away from computer right now, on mobile, but I will reply with the other information you requested a bit later today.

Thank you again for your quick response.

-Mike

Ken Roy

Mike,

Hindsight says, I should have removed the conflict note when I resolved the conflict.  It is possible there is a conflict with some other mod that I do not, since I do have that version of the mod installed on my site.

Pops57

I do have some other mods that modify the index.php and topmenu.php in the template9 folder. And, the Custom Hook Menu Mod modifies the customconfig.php file. Those all could be culprits I suppose.

If you don't mind taking a look, I copied the status list from the Mobile Site Enhancements mod. There are a few things noted there that might be clues. It's attached.

Thank you for your time and your help. 

-Mike

Mobile Site Enhancements status list.docx

Ken Roy

Why can you not put the status messages in the forum, instead of forcing a download of an attachment and then a search for an application that can read .docx files?

Ken Roy

Mike, 

Looks like all the bad targets are against the css/tngmobile.css file

Did you uninstall your mods before upgrading to TNG 12.2? 

Do you have any mods or manual changes against that css file?  If not, then copy the distributed file from the css/ folder  You many need to get it from the TNG full install zip since i do not see it in the TNG 12.1 to 12.2 upgrade

Pops57
3 hours ago, Ken Roy said:

Why can you not put the status messages in the forum, instead of forcing a download of an attachment and then a search for an application that can read .docx files?

2 hours ago, Ken Roy said:

Mike, 

Looks like all the bad targets are against the css/tngmobile.css file

Did you uninstall your mods before upgrading to TNG 12.2? 

Do you have any mods or manual changes against that css file?  If not, then copy the distributed file from the css/ folder  You many need to get it from the TNG full install zip since i do not see it in the TNG 12.1 to 12.2 upgrade

My apologies for the attachment. I assumed that was the way to go since I saw the attach files icon. I should have done more reading before doing that. Sorry.

Thank you very much for looking at all that anyway.

I installed the mod after this latest upgrade to 12.2.

I will look at the css/tngmobile.css file and check for any mods that might have modified that file.

Again, thank you so much for your help.

Ken Roy

Mike,

Did you have the mod installed before you uptraded?  If yes, did you uninstall it before you upgrade?

with all locations being modified in tngmobile.css showing Bad Targets, it looks to me like the previous verson might not have been uninstalled.

Pops57

Thanks Ken.

I did not have the mod prior to the upgrade. In fact, the mobile issue I have only showed up after the upgrade and searching for possible solutions is what led me to your enhancement mod.

I think other mods and changes I had made prior to the upgrade may have errors (self-inflicted) that were exacerbated by the upgrade somehow. I'm going to dig in to the files you've pointed out and look for my errors.

Thanks again.

Mike

Ken Roy

Mike,

I did not see the tngmobile.css file as part of the TNG 12.1 upgrade to 12.2,  but you might have upgraded from a different TNG version.   What version did you upgrade from?

If you have problems with your Template on mobile devices, maybe there were changes made in that template

Your mobile issue should probably be reported to Darrin rather than using a mod that might not fix the issue.