TNG Community
fluffy82

Show all family mod issue

fluffy82
1 hour ago, mkoche said:

Tom:

So this version of showallfamily might fix your issue...

showallfamily_v4a.zip

What it does is changes the search for ancestors to exclude stepparents, foster and adopted families - which means it includes everything else (as opposed to only including empty and birth relations).  I also found an issue where the expand arrow was not showing on some folks who have only a single ancestor. This should be fixed.

I would like to know if this works for you.

Cheers,

Scott

Almost there....

Now they both show. The earliest ancestor gives a search button, clicking it gives results in less than 30 seconds. That's great.

The Matriarch & Patriarch also show, but only until the person put in as "birth" relation (in other words: it remains invisible in all people unless those I changed manually).

We're almost there... :)

mkoche

Yeah - it looks like I have to implement the fix for Matriarchs and Patriarchs too.  I am testing to see if this change has any unintended consequences.

It looks like your import does put something or other in the relationship field. That's a pain! But good to know.

bhemph

Tom,
     What does the tng_children table have in the frel and mrel columns?  It must be a value that TNG is not expecting, since it shows in the display as blank but is not working as expected in the mod.

fluffy82
9 hours ago, bhemph said:

Tom,
     What does the tng_children table have in the frel and mrel columns?  It must be a value that TNG is not expecting, since it shows in the display as blank but is not working as expected in the mod.

I went to have a look, and the frel and mrel columns indeed say "natural", they're not empty.

bhemph

That's similar to the GEDCOM export from my desktop application.  I ended up making a mod with the following in it to change it to blank and work for some of those mods that check the relationships.

******* gedimport_families.php *******

%target:gedimport_families.php%
%location:%
				case "CHIL":
					preg_match( "/^@(\S+)@/", $lineinfo['rest'], $matches );
					$child = adjustID( $matches[1], $savestate['ioffset'] );
					$frelstr = $mrelstr = "";
					$startlevel = $lineinfo['level'];
					do {
						$lineinfo = getLine( );
%end:%
%insert:after%
						if( $lineinfo['rest'] == "Natural")
							$lineinfo['rest'] = "";
%end:%

You could put that in a mod too changing "Natural" to "natural", since yours looks to use all lower case and then you shouldn't have problems with mods that written to expect a blank or "birth".