TNG Community
marcirish

Error generated while having Comments mod installed

marcirish

I have the comments mod installed.  I am using TNG 12.2.  When I try and edit a media file that has an apostrophe in its name I get the following error:

An error has occurred in the TNG software. This could be due to a setup issue, an incomplete upgrade or a program bug. If you are the site owner, you may contact TNG support for help with this problem. Please copy the query below and paste it into your message.

Query: SELECT * FROM tng_comments WHERE commentsType = 'media' AND commentsName = 'Daniel Joseph O'Dowd marriage record' AND commentsPFID = '3107' ORDER BY commentsDate

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'Dowd marriage record' AND commentsPFID = '3107' ORDER BY commentsDate' at line 1

Any ideas?

thanks.

Marc Irish

omalleyashe

Hi Marc,

I am getting the same error in my media now after adding the comments mod to a TNG 12.2 version as well. Any media file that has an apostrophe in it's filename displays the same error at the bottom of a media image when opened. Since my family name has an apostrophe in it, it's not realistic to rename hundreds of media files on my site. I would say that it's the Comments mod that is causing this issue since the error is appearing where the comments component would display and is caused by the additional apostrophe interfering with the query syntax.

Regards

XerxX
POST DELETED by author! Crap solution!

Erik

Edited by XerxX
Not good

XerxX

@marcirish and  @omalleyashe

Hi guys,

The above "solution" is crap! Disregard, please. I'm sorry.

Question: Is this what you'd like? (The image name - NOT the file name - includes an apostrophe)

Skärmavbild 2020-05-05 kl. 19.21.50.png

If it's correct, I have the mod almost done.

Erik

marcirish

Thank you so much Erik.