TNG Community

The New Pro Templates

Paul Barrett

Have you seen Darrin's 12.2 update email with news of the new templates that are available?

https://genealogywebtemplates.com/

There are some beauties in there.  I might even be tempted to give up on my WordPress integration because it was the lack of great designs that pushed me down that route.

It's odd that they cost nearly twice the price of TNG but I think that's more a reflection of TNG's low price

Didn't get an update e-mail yet... :(

1 hour ago, fluffy82 said:

Didn't get an update e-mail yet... :(

Did you subscribe to the TNG announcements list?  Go to TNG Admin  - the Getting Started help screen has information on how to subscribe - option 1 under the Resources

7 hours ago, Ken Roy said:

Did you subscribe to the TNG announcements list?  Go to TNG Admin  - the Getting Started help screen has information on how to subscribe - option 1 under the Resources

Yes, I subscribed but didn't get a mail...

I did get the notice through the TNG-userlist mailing list about half an hour ago, so I got the needed info now :)

On 9/28/2019 at 5:32 PM, Paul Barrett said:

Have you seen Darrin's 12.2 update email with news of the new templates that are available?

https://genealogywebtemplates.com/

There are some beauties in there.  I might even be tempted to give up on my WordPress integration because it was the lack of great designs that pushed me down that route.

It's odd that they cost nearly twice the price of TNG but I think that's more a reflection of TNG's low price

The owner is Marsha Bryant and she has done a fantastic job on these new TNG templates. Yes, some might consider them a bit pricey but they are very unique and well worth the money to display your family history. I can't speak for her but I bet she is open to suggestions if you had any ideas of what you might want in a template

https://genealogywebtemplates.com/tngtemplates.asp

54 minutes ago, bruno said:

Very nice indeed the new templates but do all functions continue to work? has this been tested?

bruno,

I believe that Marsha worked with Darrin fairly closely on this and I think that everything works like it's supposed to. There is a functioning version of this at https://huntingwithtom.com/tng/index.php

I think this might require an update to version 12.2 on your TNG installation. I didn't get the newsletter so I don't know exactly what it said.

I would suggest contacting both Darrin and Marsha if you have questions

Anthony

• 5 months later...

Hi All,

I'll be adding more templates that will be available for Darrin's v13 this summer. I have the html versions up now and will be making 4 more. I'd love to have your feedback on what you would like to see in the new templates and any suggestions on design & color that you might like. If you look in the HTML Templates section, you will see Genealogy 119 (which will be the free template design in Darrin's new update) and templates 216-221. Please email me privately with suggestions for the 4 additional new ones... Also, if you want to see the TNG version, let me know and I'll activate the template in my "sandbox" where I play with new designs (https://huntingwithtom.com/tng ). Remember, when you look at the html templates, you will see the design of the new ones, NOT the TNG functioning template.

I hope you like them,
Marsha

https://genealogywebtemplates.com

marsha@templatesintime.com

2 hours ago, Marsha said:

Hi All,

I'll be adding more templates that will be available for Darrin's v13 this summer.

Just got finished testing mods for TNG v12.3 LOL.  First I heard of a  v13 in the offing as early as this summer.  What else can you share? Is Darrin planning to incorporate new templates including some of yours?

Thanks, perhaps then beta testing will began this summer, not the release.  That was my concern, not so much the templates.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for Sharing Paul.

"Themes" in WordPress can often go for more than $50 so it is reasonable as you said. Curious to know who has tried them and if they are pleased.  I wish the live preview was a little bit more real.

Kevin

Newfloridian

Surely the heart of a good family history website is the message (ie the content) and not the wrapping (ie the template). If you have nothing of interest to say then regardless of how you dress it up you still have nothing to say. I haven't seen anything to beat "good ole" template 4.

My op. and I'll stick to it.

Alan

9 hours ago, Newfloridian said:

Surely the heart of a good family history website is the message (ie the content) and not the wrapping (ie the template). If you have nothing of interest to say then regardless of how you dress it up you still have nothing to say. I haven't seen anything to beat "good ole" template 4.

My op. and I'll stick to it.

Alan

I don't totally agree with that. It is true that no matter how you dress up a site, if you have no content it will never be interesting. But the reverse is also true: you might have tons of really interesting information, if your website is cluttered and/or old fashioned, nobody will read it.

Designing a website is an exercise in combining useful information with a visually pleasing environment. A good website needs both.

Sorry but Darrin never pre-announces what will be in a TNG version, so you will have to wait until he posts it on his blog or the TNG user2list

Darrin also never announces ahead of time when a new version or release is coming out.  But you can look at the Change Log on the download site and see when typically new releases come out.

• 9 months later...
Hanne B. Stegemüller

Hi Marsha

Just want to tell you, that I love template 209, that I've had for a long while but first now I'm diving into all the possibilities, amongst this translating into English from Danish after being inspired from Rob the other week.

I interested you can see my site here: https://tng.stegemueller.dk

Best regards,
Hanne