TNG Community

Hiding birth date for leaving persons

Jipi

Hello,

This question has probably been asked but I can not find an answer. Is it possible to hide the dates of the allegedly alive in the database, even if the original gedcom has all the dates of birth?

Edited by Jipi
Error

The field show Living data gives you options.

You control what people can see by also editing the users - e.g. guests

Hello Chris,

Thank you for your answer. I think my request was not really clear. These days, as you know, it is difficult to publish birth dates for living people. So, I'm looking for a way to ensure that birthdays date only for living people are not available to everyone. Even better, it would be nice if we could for example hide birth dates for people under 30 years old. I'm using MFT and I can not, I believe, export a gedcom with these parameters. Borther's Keeper is a bit more flexible, but ideally it would be that TNG can do it directly by adjusting parameters. Like that, I would not have to make complicated Gedcom export filters. What do you think ?

Jean-Pierre, from Quebec City

Jean-Pierre,

Take a look at the TNG Wiki article - Setup - Privacy  TNG does not display any data on Living persons, except to those logged in users who where granted  Allow to view information for living individuals if you set the Admin > Setup > General Settings > Privacy section option for Show Living Data:  to Depending on User rights

You also need to restrict the user to whom you grant the privilege to a branch / tree